The International Maize and Wheal Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not -for-profit research and training organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information:www.cimmyt.org
We are seeking skilled and motivated candidates to fill the positions below and these positions are based in our Southern Africa Office in Harare, Zimbabwe. These positions are open to all Zimbabweans with excellent academic records. These positions will support on-going research activities in Zimbabwe and collaborating projects in the Southern Africa region as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs field inventory by physically locating, identifying, and counting assets.
- Adds controlled and capitalized assets to the fixed assets database. Adheres to guidelines for acquisition, maintenance, retention and disposition of fixed assets and associated records. Performs tagging of CIMMYT assets and taking of pictures.
- Documenting and maintaining of the filing system for assets.
- Issuing out responsibility letters and supporting documentation (invoices) to staff allocated with assets.
- Receiving, documenting, and dispatching stores inventory.
- Ensuring proper stacking, arrangement of inventory in the stores.
- Carries out periodic stock counts and reconciliation of stores.
- Receiving of goods (GRV) and confirmation of services.
- Updating the product inventory as products are received and added to the inventory
- Create vendor invoices and input vendors and procurement transactions into Quick Books in accordance with finance policy and other CIMMYT policies guidelines
- Matching of purchase orders to invoices and distributing to finance office for payment processes.
Required academic qualifications, skills, and attitudes:
- Bachelor's Degree in Logistics, Business Administration, Accounting, Business Management, or related
- At least 2 years relevant experience, with experience in an international organization and working with donor funds.
- Knowledge of Stores management and record keeping is an added advantage
- Fluency in English, Shona and/or Ndebele; working knowledge of other local languages is desirable.
- Demonstrated excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Basic knowledge of Quick Books
- Good understanding of supply chain procedures
- The selected candidate must be able to demonstrate the following competencies: critical thinking, communication, problem solving and decision-making, teamwork, client orientation and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
How to apply
- Complete the online application form https://forms.gle/QMBHjjp4F79kJUKk9
- Submit your applications and CVto CIMMYT-Zimbabwe@cgaiar.org Cover Letter should refer explicitly to the essential qualifications, skills, and competencies stated above providing clear and concrete examples of where, when, and how the experience was gained and expected remuneration. Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration. The closing date for receipt of applications is 1st April 2022. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. Women are encouraged to apply.