Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the above-mentioned post. Gwanda State University is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates and differently abled people are encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting the Procurement Officer with the acquisition of quotations, correspondences, and evaluations of all requirements, in strict accordance with leading procurement practices.
- Assisting in maintaining appropriate records to ensure that the procurement process, decision and contractual agreements are accurately documented for accountability and audit purposes.
- Following up with suppliers to ensure speedy deliveries of ordered goods and reporting of all outstanding deliveries to the Procurement Officer.
- Maintaining and monitoring procurement inventory.
- Supporting user departments with quotations and specifications.
- Review of source documents for completeness.
- Preparation of purchase orders.
- Maintaining and updating the procurement databases.
Qualifications and Experience
- Higher National Diploma (HND) in Purchasing and Supply.
- Membership to a professional body such as Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS), Supply Chain Association of Zimbabwe (SCAZ) is an added advantage.
- Five (5) Ordinary Level Passes including English Language and Mathematics.
Experience and Qualities
- A minimum of two (2) years relevant post qualification experience.
- Good organisational and record keeping skills and a sound knowledge of procurement procedures in Public Enterprises are a must.
- Precision with numbers.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
Conditions of Service: Medical Aid, Leave and Pension Benefits are offered. The information on salary and other benefits will be made available to the short-listed candidates.
How to Apply
Soft copies in a single continuous PDF file of each of the following: application letter, certified copies of educational and professional certificates, national identity card, birth certificate and curriculum vitae giving full personal particulars including full name, place and date of birth, qualifications and previous employment and experience, present salary, date of availability, telephone number, email address, names and addresses of three referees including email addresses should be sent to email@example.com or hand delivered to:
Human Resources Section
Gwanda State University
Epoch Mine Campus
P O Box 30
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 03 February 2023