Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the above post:
CHEMICAL MANUFACTURING UNIT
Duties And Responsibilities
Reporting to the Production Manager, the successful applicants will be among other key challenging aspects responsible for :
- Operating and monitoring plant and machine performance
- Monitor physical plant conditions and maintain optimum operating parameters
- Ensure proper implementation of equipment shutdown , clean up and isolation for maintenance procedures
- Make daily contact with operations and maintenance personnel up to Plant Manager level for implementation of routine work maintenance schedule
- Work according to established procedures, specialized technical standards and safety instructions
- Detect abnormalities and assist in remedial actions .Respond immediately to an emergency and restore safe operating conditions.
- Produce and maintain regular logs and reports for daily plant activities. Check quality control tests and analysis for plant performance
- Assist the Plant Manager to ensure efficient and effective operations of the plant
- Have working knowledge of Safety, Health, Environment and Quality Management systems.
Qualifications And Experience
- At least a National Diploma in Process or Manufacturing engineering or related field
- Should have worked in a Chemical manufacturing plant for a minimum of one (1) year demonstrating thorough familiarity with general process plant operations.
- Should have good interpersonal and communication skills
- Possess above average computer skills
How To Apply
Applicants must submit copies of applications with the following: application letter, certified certificates and curriculum vitae giving full details of names, place and date of birth, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact telephone number (s) and names and email addresses of three referees to:
The Deputy Registrar (Human Resources)
Midlands State University
Application documents must be in a single scan pdf format.
Applicants should clearly state the post being applied for in the subject line. It should also be noted that non-adherence to any of the above instructions will automatically cause the application not to be considered.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to