The Pro-Vice Chancellor Infrastructure and Campus Development is responsible for initiating, recommending, implementing, and monitoring policies, systems and procedures in the area of university infrastructure and campus development.
Reporting to the Vice Chancellor, the appointee will be a member of the Senior Management team responsible for infrastructure development, campus planning, strategic partnerships, space and facilities management, as well as health, safety and environment management of the University
Duties And Responsibilities
The appointee will be required to:
- provide leadership in Infrastructure development and campus management;
- develop infrastructure and plan for campus development;
- facilitate, supervise and develop strategic partnerships;
- develop and oversee implementation of strategies in enhancing the campus and facilities management as well as health, safety and environment to meet the developing needs of the University;
- plan and lead the capital/special projects in connection with campus development and facilities management;
- foster a smart and sustainable campus ambience embedding health and safety protection of students and staff;
- mobilise financial and human capital as well as technology resources and other resources for the University;
- drive and implement Education 5.0 technologically relevant infrastructure across campuses;
- oversee maintenance of all premises under the ownership of the University;
- oversee campus planning and development in the regions were MSU has presence;
- ensure internal compliance with national and international quality standards;
- set up corporate governance and compliance issues, risk identification and management for the University campuses and facilities;
- set up business management systems that comply with best practices on campus development and management;
- lead in annual plans, strategic plans and budgets for Infrastructure and campus development; and
- perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Vice Chancellor.
Qualifications And Experience
The Pro-Vice Chancellor Infrastructure and Campus Development should be a senior scholar who possesses an earned doctoral degree from an accredited institution and demonstrable analytical and business/problem solving skills are essential.
Competences and Experience
The ideal candidate must:
- be a prominent academic with a minimum of ten (10) years of related work experience, of which five (5) years should be at senior management level within a University institution at the level of Dean, Director or better;
- have a proven record of scholarship, research, publications, collaborations, networking and resource mobilisation;
- possess substantial experience in strategic academic planning, policy development, budgeting, and academic personnel administration in a higher education setting;
- experience in financial management, budgeting and ability to create wealth and to assist in the development and implementation of the University business projects;
- have the ability to establish public and private partnerships to foster business engagement;
- have proven track record of successfully developing and executing innovative strategic initiatives and solutions around large-scale properties and exposure to property development;
- have demonstrated capability in planning and execution of sizable capital projects, risk management and innovation, as well as the ability to develop the relevant portfolio in an entrepreneurial manner;
- have knowledge on green initiatives, sustainable development, latest architectural design, best in class building technology and construction methods;
- have knowledge on Government’s policies, law and regulations on campus security, health and safety protection, property development, land administration, town planning, housing and construction and building works;
- be a visionary and inspiring leader with a cogent and people-oriented leadership style;
- have ability to effectively interface with different stakeholders including the Government, business and professional sectors; and
- have excellent communication and presentation skills.
How To Apply
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
Medical Aid, Leave and Pension Benefits are offered. More details including salary, benefits and other conditions of service will be communicated to the successful candidates.
Applications will be treated in strictest confidence. Applicants must submit an electronic application in a single pdf file which should include copies of Birth, ID and Academic Certificates and an updated Curriculum Vitae giving full personal particulars including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact details, names and email addresses of three (3) contactable referees.
Hard copy applications should be clearly marked “Pro-Vice Chancellor Infrastructure and Campus Development Post” and addressed to:
Midlands State University
P Bag 9055
For the electronic version, please send to email@example.com
The closing date for receipt of applications is 28 February 2022.