Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the aboved mentioned post.
Reporting to the Vice Chancellor, this is an executive post which is strategic to the University's attainment of its Mandate. The incumbent will be responsible for initiating, recommending and monitoring policies, systems and procedures relevant to Academic issues of the University and other functions delegated by the Vice Chancellor. The position calls for a versatile and highly qualified individual with a proven track record of academic achievement and an individual who can provide strategic leadership that will assist the University to grow its academic and research functions. The incumbent must be able to provide critical leadership that is supportive to the University community.
Duties And Responsibilities
- This is an executive position within the structures of the University whose terms of reference are hinged on the duties and powers of a Pro-Vice Chancellor as spelt out in Section 9 (2) of the Harare Institute of Technology Act [Chapter 25:26], framed by the University's current strategic objectives and informed by the national vision and development objectives.
Qualifications And Experience
- The successful candidate should be a leading academic, preferably at Associate or Full Professor and exhibiting high level of academic and professional maturity.
- He/ she must be hardworking with ability to pay attention to detail amongst other desirable attributes. He/she should have excellent written and oral communication skills, good leadership and organisational skills.
- The desired candidate should have the following qualifications, experience and attributes;
- An earned PhD/DPhil/DTech Degree from a recognized University
- An excellent track record of teaching and research experience at University level;
- A successful administrative and professional development experience working with diverse stakeholders in academia
- An excellent record of resource mobilization and grant attraction
- Track record of success in collaborative research and academic partnerships record of serving on University Committees
- A proven record of publi shed scholarship as well as on providing academic rnentorship and; Commitment to academic excellence and innovation.
- Clear knowledge of the national socio-economic development objectives and aspirations for Zimbabwe
- In-depth understanding of Zimbabwe's rnbabwe's development problems in the context ofAfrica and global development challenges
- Knowledge of University academic regulations and processes, including quality assurance issues
- Ability to clearly articulate the transformative role of higher and tertiary education institutions in Zimbabwe's development
- Clear understanding of Zimbabwe's Education 5.0 in the context of the Modernization and Industrialization National Agenda
- Ahigh level of diligence and ability to work without supervision
- A track record in research, teaching and University service
- Exceptional knowledge and experience in processes of the core functions of the University
- Knowledge and appreciation of the use of ICT in higher education and academic institutions
- Extensive experience in policy-making strategic planning and quality assurance
- Ability to interpret and promote the University's key academic purposes
- 'Team-builder, innovative and always seeking to add value to the Harare institute of Technology brand.
More details on the duties and responsibilities can be accessed on the Harare Institute of Technology website www.hit.ac.zw
How To Apply
All applications will be treated in the utmost confidence. Applications giving full personal particulars including full name, place and date of birth, experience, present salary, date of availability, telephone number, names and addresses of three referees together with qualifications and certificates should be addressed to:
The Registrar Harare Institute of Technology
P.O. Box BE 277 Belvedere
and sent by email in a single PDF the to email@example.com by not later than Friday, 14 October 2022.
NB: Female candidates are encouraged to apply.