Bindura University Printing Press (Pvt) Ltd
Bindura University Printing Press (Private) Limited (Printing Press) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Bindura University of Science Education (the University). It serves both public and private entities and runs profitably.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the above-mentioned post.
This is a managerial position which requires a highly qualified and experienced individual. The successful candidate will have a dual reporting line; to the Printing Press Board Chairperson and to the University Vice Chancellor. The role oversees planning, organising and controlling operations of the Business Unit to ensure sustainable and profitable decision making. The Printing Press Manager will ensure that the Printing Press operations remain on schedule, cost effective and produces high quality standard to gain competitive edge.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for overseeing the Printing Press processes
- Ensuring that all projects are completed on time, within budget and to the highest standards
- Supporting the Heritage based Education 5.0 through the production of high-quality, innovative print products that exceed customer expectations
- Monitor industry trends and developments, keeping abreast of new technologies and techniques
- Managing employees by providing guidance and feedback on how to improve their performance
- Managing the workflow of the Printing Press by scheduling employee shifts and monitoring quality control
- Developing relationships with suppliers to ensure the Unit's production schedule demands are met
- Coordinating with marketing staff to plan promotional materials and campaigns to increase brand and service awareness in the market (internal and external)
- Leading efforts to complete production projects within set deadlines
- Maintaining inventory of supplies and materials needed to complete projects; Ensuring the effective and efficient use of print machinery
- Handle customer inquiries and complaints in a professional and timely manner
- Ensures compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Attend to Audit issues (Internal and External Auditors) and
- Any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design/Printing Technology or related field or
- A Higher National Diploma in Machine Printing from a recognised institution
- Qualified and tested Artisan Class 1
- Certified Manpower Development Authority of Zimbabwe four (4) year apprenticeship
- Five (5) years' experience, with traceable references, preferably in a commercial printing environment would be an added advantage
- A minimum of two (2) years' experience in a management position
- Demonstrable leadership and collaborative skills.
- Strong project management skills, with ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Creativity and be able to pay attention to detail
- Familiar with the latest printing technology used in printing and production to produce high quality prints at a low cost
- Good leadership and problem solving skills
- A team player with a customer-oriented approach.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons should send one set of their application merged in continuous PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org consisting of the following:-application letter, certified copies of Educational certificates, National ID, Birth Certificate and CVs giving full personal particulars including full name, place and date of birth, qualifications, previous employment and experience, present salary, date of availability, telephone number, email address, names and addresses of three referees including email addresses.
Applications should clearly indicate the "Post" which is being applied for in the subject line and addressed to:
The Deputy Registrar- Human Resources and Administration
Bindura University of Science Education
P Bag 1020
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.
For more information phone (066210) 7531-2, (066210) 842711 (066210) 6230.
Deadline: 02 January 2023.