Applications are invited from qualified candidates to fill the above-mentioned position which has arisen within the City of Bulawayo.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and control the electro-mechanical section Coordinate maintenance of all municipal works and housing which includes sewage treatment plants, water treatment plant, sewage pump stations, reclaimed water pump stations, municipality workshops, clinics, hospitals, schools, stadiums, parks, swimming pool etc.
- Manage the initiation of capital projects.
- Prepare project proposal, working drawings and contract documents.
- Enforce efficient utilization of equipment for completion of projects to be under taken as programmed.
- Manage and evaluate projects Prepare reports to the Deputy Director of Engineering Services (Water).
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering from a recognised Institution
- Must be a corporate Member of the Zimbabwe Institution of Engineers(ZIE)
- Clean Class 4 driver's licence
- At least 5 years'work experience in a similar environment.
The City of Bulawayo offers an attractive package comprising a competitive salary plus a number of fringe benefits, details of which will be revealed to the shortlisted applicants.
How to Apply
Applications in envelopes clearly marked "Electro Mechanical Engineer" should be sent along with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and copies of relevant academic/ professional certificates supported by three professional traceable referees
Applications to be posted to:
The Human Capital Director
City of Bulawayo
P.O Box 558
Or dropped at Ground Floor Municipal Buildings, (Tower Block) L/Takawira & R.G. Mugabe BULAWAYO
Bulawayo City Council is an equal opportunities employer.
C DUBE: TOWN CLERK
Deadline: 10 February 2023