Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the
Principal Accountant (1 Post)
Duties And Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities
- Checking payroll before posting;
- Ensuring all advances have been deducted and everyone has been placed in the proper grade;
- Checking Account numbers and amounts deposited in each account before and after posting payroll;
- Making sure those who have resigned are removed from payroll schedules and that they are paid what is due to them;
- Checking Part-time schedules;
- Checking leave days and ensure staff members have correct balances in the payroll;
- Making sure allowances are paid on time and working out amount of payment;
- Ensure all statutory allowances are paid;
- Ensuring that all access to the system is controlled.
Qualifications And Experience
The ideal applicants should possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor of Commerce Honours Degree in Accounting and Finance or Accounting or Finance or equivalent.
- Five (5) years post qualification.
- A relevant Master’s Degree.
- Experience in Pastel and Paywell packages would be a distinct advantage
- Experience in accounting field such as salaries, finance and accounting.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons should send one set of their application in a single pdf file clearly indicating the position being applied for in the subject line to email@example.com. The application should consist of the application letter, certified copies of educational and professional certificates, transcripts and Curriculum Vitae giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, experience, present salary, date of availability, names, email addresses and telephone numbers of at least three referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.