The job holder will be charged with the responsibility of managing, coordinating and production of a wide range of high quality prices statistics through surveys.
Reporting to: Director-Macroeconomics
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for producing retail and producer price statistics including poverty datum lines.
- Design survey instruments in accordance with manuals
- Training and coaching junior staff.
- Supervises data collection; coding and editing; processing and dissemination.
- Writes/checks all statistical reports produced for the Department.
- Assess resources and personnel requirements for the Department.
- Drawing annual work plans for the Department
- Drafts and updates techni-scripts and manuals/documents on methodology.
- Execute capacity building initiatives in the Department.
- Provision of statistics or information to national, regional and international users as well as assisting users to articulate their needs
- Participates in national, regional and international conferences, workshops and exercises.
- Monitorihg progress and compiling progress reports for the Department.
- Implement decisions from Senior Management.
- Planning, budgeting, monitoring and coordination of activities in the department.
Qualifications and attributes
- At least a good first degree in Economics, Mathematics, Statistics or equivalent.
- A Master's Degree in the relevant discipline is a must.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience of which five must be at senior level.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Must be a good team leader
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
How To Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications, current CVs and certified copies of their qualifications, clearly stating the position they are applying for to:
The Director Human Resource
Zimbabwe National Statistics Agency(ZIMSTAT)
18th Floor, Kaguvi Building
Corner Simon Muzenda Street and Central Avenue
P.O. Box CY 342 Causeway, Harare
apply on email: firstname.lastname@example.org