Musasa is a national NGO that started work in 1988 focusing on Violence against women (VAW). Musasa mainly focuses on direct support to survivors of Gender-based violence, GBV prevention and advocacy at a local and national level. Musasa is implementing the UNFPA program which is focusing on improving accessibility to life saving multi-sectoral survivor-centered integrated services for SRH/ GBV in the most hard to reach areas to reduce/ remove protection risks. This project is being implemented by Musasa from shared operational bases in the districts mentioned above.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Day to day counselling of survivors of Gender-Based Violence
- Case follow up and management
- Group and individual counselling in communities
- Coordinating with partners in the GBV referral pathway
- Information dissemination to surrounding communities about the available services
- Participating in outreach and demand creation activities that raise awareness on available GBV response services
- Attending meetings
- Coordinating with other project implementing partners in the one-stop centre.
Qualifications And Experience
- Diploma in Counselling, Degree in Psychology or any related social science degree.
- An additional qualification in Counselling Psychology would be an added advantage
- At least 1-year experience in a similar role
- Ability to use Microsoft Office; Ability to quickly understand and absorb new topics, issues and disciplines
- Ability to work well with partners in the consortium.
How To Apply
Send your application letter and CV with three (3) traceable references to firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Applicants should be based in the district where the position is held
Musasa is committed to safeguarding the personal dignity and rights of beneficiaries. Any candidate offered a job with Musasa will be expected to adhere to Musasa’s Safeguarding Policy and conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of this policy.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.