Family Aid Caring Trust (FACT) is a Christian national development NGO based in Zimbabwe. It implements sustainable development initiatives to improve people’s livelihood, Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH), HIV Prevention, HIV and AIDS care and support as well as health activities. FACT seeks the services of project staff for an anticipated DREAMS project. The project will implement i) HIV prevention, condom education, gender norms change, social assets building, and sexual violence prevention; ii) Combination of socioeconomic approaches for AGYW including financial literacy, work readiness and employability trainings, vocational training for market-driven technical skills, internships; and iii) addressing harmful gender and community norms
2. Position: Compliance Specialist
Reporting to: Finance and Operations Director
Purpose of the job: FACT Zimbabwe is looking for a Compliance Specialist who will be responsible for grants, compliance, governance, and risk management issues. He/she will manage and provide an in-house compliance service to and all its grants, awards and Subrecipients that effectively support management and staff in their duty to comply with funder rules and regulations, statutory laws, contractual obligations and internal policies and procedures to ensure high levels of accountability and to prevent illegal, unethical and improper conduct. The successful candidate will possess a thorough in-depth knowledge of USAID and UN rules and regulations and internationally accepted accounting procedures.
Duties And Responsibilities
- To support FACT, its grants, awards, and sub-recipients to develop and maintain institutional capacity to implement programs in an adequate control environment; • Ensure FACT complies with USAID Rules and regulations as well as other funders’ requirements. Review compliance with funder Rules and Regulations, statutory requirements and other applicable rules and regulations considering fraud and corruption red flags and risk or; Provide recommendations on how to rectify any identified issues on compliance;
- Lead the review and implementation of the FACT Sub-recipient Management and Monitoring Policy and ensure that action plans are developed to address gaps and identified weaknesses. Support management to ensure timely closure of audit recommendations for FACT and sub-recipients
- Participate in strategic planning, developing grants and awards budgets and responding to requests for proposals;
- Lead and support the timely development, review, and approval of amendments to awards and sub-agreements ensuring adherence to statutory, applicable rules and regulations for the funder and FACT requirements;
- Take the lead in planning, implementing, and monitoring timely award, grant or contract close-out; Engage both finance and program staff well in advance of closure deadlines and advise on issues related to asset and staffing disposition and reporting;
- Review current and prospective agreements for compliance with the law of contract, FACT requirements and the law of Zimbabwe;
- Evaluate and make recommendations on how to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of governance, risk management and internal control processes; Monitor and review regulatory, legislative, and operational changes, and subsequently offer advice in the development, review and modification of relevant policies and procedures;
- Coordinate any investigation and maintain an investigation log showing all reported suspicions, including those dismissed as minor or otherwise not investigated and details of actions taken, and conclusions reached.
- Initiate proactive investigations; Review, communicate and monitor the efficiency and effectiveness of business processes and related controls; Serve as the principal point of contact on grants management and compliance issues for FACT and sub-recipients;
- Support the audit process by ensuring that external audits are compliant with funder and applicable statutory requirements;
- Assist FACT and its sub-recipients to put in place measures to ensure that the board, management and staff are provided with information and training they require in order to understand funder guidelines, compliance issues, statutory requirements and organizational policies and procedures;
- Support with ethics, compliance and anti-fraud awareness initiatives and facilitate sharing of best practices within the consortium to ensure effective and efficient utilisation of resources.
Qualifications And Experience
Qualifications And Experience
- A degree in Accounting and a Full Professional Qualification in Accounting such as ACCA, CIMA or CA;
- A Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Business Administration and Management, Finance, Accounting or related field is an added advantage; • At least five years’ experience in auditing or as a Grants and Compliance Officer of USAID grants;
- A detailed knowledge of contracting process and systems is a requirement; Knowledge of USAID and other funders’ rules and regulations and extensive knowledge of the various applicable Zimbabwe laws and regulations is required.
How To Apply
Interested candidates can submit application letters together with detailed CV to email@example.com : not later than 28 February 2022 COB. Please write the name of the post on the subject of the email i.e. “COMPLIANCE SPECIALIST”.
- FACT commits itself to protecting children whom its staff, volunteers as well as outsiders may come into contact with. The organization’s mandate is to serve the best interest of all children through protection from abuse, harm and exclusion, child participation and development in all its programs.
- FACT is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in terms of race, tribe, place of origin, political opinion, color, creed, gender, pregnancy, HIV/AIDS status or, subject to the Disabled Persons Act [Chapter 17:01].
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be notified.