The Plant Engineer has a critical role in connecting operations with the mechanical maintenance organization, helping minimize downtime and failure rates and maximizing equipment productivity.
This position reports directly to the Resident Engineer and Is responsible for the following:
Duties And Responsibilities
- Develop asset management systems to improve plant reliability and availability.
- Provision of technical guidance and support to engineering supervisors and artisans.
- Harnessing ideas from the teams to enable effective team Involvement and performance.
- Managing and implementation of an effective preventive maintenance system
- Management of the performance of subordinate staff.
- Ensuring that the section complies with SHED policies and Management systems
- Provision of technical support to the operations.
- Monitoring and implementing costs containment measures.
- Carrying out of regular plant audits to identify areas requiring Improvement.
- Ensuring that critical spare parts and inventory are identified timeously and necessary purchase requisitions are done in line with company policy.
Qualifications And Experience
- BSc. Hon degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Five (5) years maintenance experience preferably in the mining industry
- Five (5) years supervisory experience preferably in the mining industry
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to apply knowledge of standards, methods and procedures to work situation
- Dynamic knowledge and understanding of engineering practices In the mining environment
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
How To Apply
Interested persons should submit written applications together with detailed Curriculum Vitae to;
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
Cam and Motor Mine
P. 0. Box 57 Eiffel Flats