Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the above vacancy that have arisen at Bindura University of Science Education
The successful candidate must observe high levels of confidentiality, be reliable, flexible, organized and possess good verbal and written communication skills. The incumbent should also be highly computer literate.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Schedule and coordinate the Head of Department’s appointments and meetings (Diary management);
- Ensures relevant Head of Sections present monthly management reports outlining progress agreed;
- Review and screen all official correspondence and telephone calls, draft responses accordingly;
- Organize the Head of Department’s files in hard and soft copies;
- Research and be an information bank (media and internet);
- Effectively filter information and do preliminary drafting of correspondence on the Bursar’s behalf;
- Preparing papers for meetings;
- Attend to queries from staff members;
- Budgeting and management of the petty cash;
- Carry out any other duties as assigned by the Head of Department
Qualifications And Experience
- Applicants must have a recognized first Degree in Social Sciences, Administration or Business Studies;
- Applicants must also possess a qualification in Secretarial Studies such as Diploma in Secretarial Studies or equivalent from a reputable institution;
- Further, applicants must possess five (5) Ordinary level passes including English Language;
- Knowledge of University structures or experience in an educational set up and at least seven (7) years post qualification experience are also prerequisites.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons should send one set of their application merged in continuous pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org consisting of the following: application letter, certified copies of Educational certificates, National ID, Birth Certificate and CVs giving full personal particulars including full name, place and date of birth, qualifications, previous employment and experience, present salary, date of availability, telephone number, email address, names and addresses of three referees including email addresses. Applications should clearly indicate the “Post” which is being applied for in the subject line and addressed to:
The Deputy Registrar- Human Resources and Administration
Bindura University of Science Education
P Bag 1020
NB: Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Police clearance is mandatory for successful candidates.
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.