We are looking for a creative Part Time Pastry Chef to be responsible for crafting delicious desserts and confectionery, designing seasonal menus, and developing new recipes for the pastry section of our kitchen. You should be passionate about baking and be inspired to create masterpieces that go beyond our customers’ expectations.
To be successful in this role you must be well-versed in the culinary arts and adhere to strict standards of hygiene and cleanliness.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Operating and managing the pastry section of the kitchen and liaising with the executive and sous chefs to ensure a successful working environment.
- Preparing ingredients and handling baking and other kitchen equipment.
- Creating pastries, baked goods, and confections, by following a set recipe.
- Developing new recipes for seasonal menus.
- Decorating pastries and desserts to ensure beautiful and tasteful presentation.
- Meeting with customers to discuss details and planning of custom-made desserts and pastries for special occasions, such as weddings.
- Monitoring the stock of baking ingredients.
- Ordering new supplies, ingredients, and equipment for the pastry section, when needed, and within budget.
- Ensuring their section of the kitchen adheres to safety and health regulations.
- Supervising and training staff members, when needed.
Qualifications And Experience
- High school diploma.
- Certificate in culinary arts, pastry-making, baking, or relevant field.
- 2 or more years’ experience working within the food industry as a Pastry Chef, Baker, or relevant role.
- Working knowledge of baking techniques and the pastry-making process.
- Creative ability with artistic skill in decorating cakes and other desserts.
- Keen attention to detail.
- In-depth knowledge of sanitation principles, food preparation, and nutrition.
- Flexible working hours, including weekends and evenings, when necessary.
- Capable of working in a fast-paced, production environment.
How To Apply
Interested candidates with relevant qualifications in Pastry Baking or related are invited to send their CVs to email@example.com with the subject line “Part Time Pastry Chef " before the 9th of September 2022.