The Nurse role provides clinical interventions and advise on all medical concerns of children and young people and core workers under SOS CV Zimbabwe - Waterfalls. The role is responsible for managing patient care by promoting and restoring patient care through the nursing process.
The incumbent will be working for 2 hours per day in a 5 day week
Duties And Responsibilities
- Checks and advises on the health of children, young people and core workers;
- Supports the location in all matters concerning health, nutrition and cleanliness of the children and young people;
- Ensures that all the children and young people get the correct and proper medical care;
- Maintains up to date records on the immunization of the children and medical records with confidentiality;
- Compiles and submit monthly health reports and annual report to Family Care Coordinator; Maintains good relations with doctors, clinics and hospital that offer services to children and young people under care of SOS;
- Capacitates SOS CV Zimbabwe's staff, young people and Children on contemporary health issues including Covid 19 preventive measures;
- Conducts individualized patient assessment based on patient’s immediate needs or concern;
- Documents patient’s assessment findings, physical / psychosocial responses to nursing intervention and progress towards problem resolution;
- Maintains confidentiality in matters related to the patient.
Qualifications And Experience
- At least 5 Ordinary Levels including Mathematics, English;
- Nursing Diploma
- Valid Nurse Practicing certificate and registered with the Nurses council of Zimbabwe;
- Good communication skills and fluency in local language is an added advantage;
- Excellent report writing and verbal communication skills;
- Honest and hardworking; Flexible to accommodate work shifts;
- Ability to work with little or no supervision;
- Have basic computer skills (windows word, excel and internet access);
- Strong Counselling skills;
- Conversant with children’s rights and gender equity;
- Mature and Self-motivated individual.
- Mature and Retired Nurses are urged to apply.
How To Apply
Send your detailed curriculum vitae (CV), and photocopies of academic certificates. Applications should be submitted electronically indicating the position you are applying for in the subject line. Applications that are late do not have a CV or certificates attached will be disqualified. E-mail applications should bear the job reference number of the position in the subject line of the email. Applications including at least three traceable referees should be sent to: Resourcing.SOS@sos-zimbabwe.org
Closing Date: 15 August 2022.
“Every child belongs to a family and grows with love, respect and security”
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.