Umfurudzi Park (Pvt) Ltd is a joint venture company, jointly owned by Zimbabwe Parks and Wildlife Management Authority and Pioneer Travel and Tours (Pvt) Ltd. The joint venture commenced in 2010 and has been highly successful in transforming Umfurudzi Safari Area into a sustainable wildlife management model. Umfurudzi Park spans 76,000 hectares and is located 150km to the north east of Harare, in the Shamva District.
Umfurudzi Park (Pvt) Ltd is seeking to fill the position of Park Manager. Reporting to the Umfurudzi Park Board of Directors. The Park Manager will have a small management team that reports to him/her comprising a Finance Manager, Community Liaison Officer, Wildlife Officer, Ecologist, Senior Ranger and a Tourism Manager.
Duties And Responsibilities
- The Umfurudzi Park Manager will be responsible for the overall running of the park, with a holistic focus on 'sustainable wildlife management.
- The expectation will be for the Park Manager to drive business development in the utilising the resources and facilities available to generate revenues to finance operational costs and capital projects.
Core Functions are
- Manage the current tourism facility and develop new facilities and/or concessions
- Plan and manage projects being undertaken in the park
- Generate revenues to sustain the operations of the park
- Oversee security and anti-poaching
- Fire management and fire training programs
- Manage wildlife populations, recommend introductions and harvesting quotas
- Develop water bodies and sources for wildlife in the park
- Community projects, community development and engagement with the community, with a view to create tangible benefits from the park for the community
- Development of a Park Plan and driving of this process
- Meeting and managing all stakeholders, exercising good PR Skills
- Produce or present operational, finance and ecology reports for the board
Qualifications And Experience
- Preference will be given to candidates who have a Bachelor's degree or higher in Wildlife Management, Business Management or Commerce, with a focus on wildlife and environmental management.
- A minimum of 5 .0- Level passes including mathematics and English Language
- Experience in managing wildlife areas, minimum 5 years
- Proven Track record in anti-poaching and law enforcement
- Strong interpersonal management and communication skills
- Tourism experience and skills
- Good understanding of accounts, budgets and financial management
- Knowledge of the laws of the country relevant to wildlife conservation
- Well disciplined, results oriented and resilient
- Willing to work hard and multitask
- Project management skills, and ability to make-a-plan
This position will command a market driven remuneration with an incentive scheme developed on key deliverables.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should submit their written applications together with detailed CVs to:
The Board Chair, Umfurudzi Park
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.