Reporting to: Head of Counselling
Contract duration: 1 year
Musasa is a national NGO that started work in 1988 focusing on Violence against women (VAW). Musasa mainly focuses on direct support to survivors of Gender based violence, public education and awareness raising on Violence Against Women. Clients that we serve often come to seek legal services. Musasa is therefore inviting candidates for the position of Legal Officer to be based in Harare.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Providing legal services to clients and enabling them to deal with legal issues concerning their cases
- Drafting legal papers for clients
- Providing pre and post-trial counselling services to survivors of gender based violence
- Working closely with the advocacy department in policy formulations and reviews
- Following up clients for extended support
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Departmental Head.
Qualifications And Experience
- Bachelor of Law Honours Degree
- Ability to work with GBV survivors in the counselling department
- Ability to articulate legal issues for clients affected by GBV
- At least 1-year experience in a similar role; Ability to use Microsoft Office
- Ability to quickly understand and absorb new topics, issues and disciplines
- Ability to work well with partners in a consortium
- Ability to speak Shona, English and Ndebele.
- Practicing certificate is an added advantage.
How To Apply
Send your application letter and CV with three (3) traceable references to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop hard copies at Musasa Head Office at
Number 64 Selous Avenue,
Corner 7th Street and Selous Avenue,
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Musasa is committed to safeguarding the personal dignity and rights of beneficiaries. Any candidate offered a job with Musasa will be expected to adhere to Musasa’s Safeguarding Policy and conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of this policy.