Reporting to the Senior OSH Promotions Officer, the successful candidate will assist organizations adopt and Implement OSH sour; management systems In order to reduce or eliminate occupational accidents and diseases at the workplace.
(Mutare X1 Contract 3 1/2 Years)
Duties And Responsibilities
- Key Outputs Conduct safety and health surveys in workplaces in order to identify OSH gaps and come up with preventive and corrective measures to prevent occupational accidents and diseases.
- Conduct safety training programmes for workers in order to increase knowledge about accident prevention and OSH legislation.
- Assist and advise industry to develop and adopt sound OSH Management systems and best practices in line with national and International requirements.
- Assess organisations for OSH performance to encourage OSH excellence.
- Provide information on OSH through posters, magazines and pamphlets to maintain the flow of up to date information on and health to industry.
- Carry out campaigns for safety seminars, workshops and conferences.
- Advise employers and employees and their organisations on current Information and legislation on OSH. Work in partnership with other stakeholders with similar OSH objectives. Compile monthly reports to evaluate progress made towards set objectives.
Qualifications And Experience
- A Degree in OSH, Environmental Health or equivalent
- A minimum of 1-year relevant experience
- Key Competencies and Characteristics
- Thorough understanding and interpretation of OSH Legislations.
- Sound knowledge of Health surveillance approaches.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills
- Good Presentation skills Computer literacy.
How To Apply
Those interested in pursuing this opportunity should either hand deliver their applications with CVs and certified copies of professional qualifications to: NSSA House Cnr Sam Nujoma (2nd Street)/Selous Avenue, Harare.
Or, alternatively post their applications to:
The Acting Director-Human Resources
National Social Security Authority
P.O. Box CY 1387 Causeway,
To reach not later than close of business on 5 September 2022
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted