The University of Zimbabwe is inviting applications for the above vacant post:
Duties And Responsibilities
The successful candidate would be responsible for:
- Operating and maintaining the plant.
- Carrying out inspections of raw materials, finished products as well as the plant.
- Ensuring smooth operation of the plant and equipment at all times.
- Performing checks and balance of the plant and equipment
- Performing route cause analysis and liaising with UTAL on any issue on the plant through internet and any other means as necessary.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Plant Manager from time to time.
Qualifications And Experience
Applicants must possess the following:
- A Diploma with at least five (5) years’ relevant experience with workshops, equipment, operation of plants and maintenance in related fields.
- A National Certificate and Journeyman Class one (10 in relevant engineering or related field. in relevant engineering or related field will be an added advantage.
- Highly computer literacy.
- Mature, creative individual with the ability to work under pressure and to balance competing priority and meeting deadlines.
- A clean criminal record.
How To Apply
Applicants must submit six copies of applications, IDs, birth certificate and CVs, giving full particulars including full name, place and date of birth and six copies of academic and professional qualifications for each set of application. Applicants must give information on experience, present salary, date of availability, telephone number, names and addresses of three referees. Applications should be addressed and either hand delivered or posted to: -
DEPUTY REGISTRAR, HUMAN RESOURCES
University of Zimbabwe
P O Box MP167
Certified copies of school and college certificates must be attached to each set of application.