PGC Petroleums is looking for Operations Manager
Duties And Responsibilities
- Direct the activities of staff in relation to transport operations within the company on duties like dispatching and tracking/ monitoring of transportation vehicles.
- onitor the general operations of staff of the transportation department to make sure that their operations are within the guidelines, safety measures, government orders, and administrative policies.
- Involved in the negotiation and authorization of contracts and other forms of purchases and procurements that are related to the company’s transportation needs.
- Develop important indicators that measure and show the effectiveness of the company’s transportation operations.
- Develop transportation policies across appropriate units within the firm.
- Appoint competent transportation staff. This usually involves carrying out interviews, selection, training, and performance appraisal of every transportation personnel.
- Conduct necessary investigation(s) to determine the cause of problems like accidents (if any arises) and to set up safety measures to avoid recurrence of such issues.
- Develop and implement plans that will lead to improvement in company profit.
- Implement management recommendations, like proposed fees and change in movement schedule.
- Maintain open dialogue with other units’ managers so as to organize activities that will enhance company’s general performance
- Take charge of investigations that look into customer complaints with regards to product delivery and other transportation-associated issues
- Make recommendations for the acquisition of new equipment or the replacement of old ones.
Qualifications And Experience
- Must possess good communication skills, with emphasis on the ability to effectively produce and distribute information across different units within and outside the firm.
- Good leadership qualities are of utmost importance.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and also to lead a team when the opportunity arises.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Good time management abilities.
- Good negotiation skills and excellent decision-making ability.
- Good customer service skills so as to be able to maintain/ retain existing customers.
- Good interpersonal skills are also important.
- Knowledge of the procedures and modes of transportation for moving goods.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Knowledge of basic customer service procedures.
How To Apply
Prospective candidates to send their CVs to email@example.com on or before July 30th, 2022, clearly stating purpose in the subject field.