EcoCash Holdings is looking for a versatile and dynamic Operations Engineer to join its IS Technical team. The role is responsible for providing technical support to the organisation with particular emphasis on applications and infrastructure, research and trend analysis on technology, including knowledge management support.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Ensures that organization-wide applications and peripheral systems are working correctly through Uptime Monitoring, and Rating Checks.
- Performs user access management to ensure that system users have access that is commensurate with their roles.
- Assembles, analyses, communicates evidence and expert opinions on applications and infrastructure performance to key stakeholders.
- Provides technical advisory services on new technology functionality and peripheral systems, in line with business objectives and user requirements.
- Performs Disaster Recovery and other tests for the organizations systems and infrastructure in consultation with the system vendor(s).
- Interfaces with vendors and internal cross functional teams to ensure on-time delivery of technical solutions.
- Provides 2nd line support and query resolution within agreed SLAs on matters pertaining to organization-wide operations.
- Makes recommendations on the feasibility of organization-wide technical projects.
- Provides expert opinions on all technical acquisition projects.
Qualifications And Experience
- A Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent.
- Sound Database programming skills in the following: INFORMIX, ORACLE, SQL.
- A relevant vocational qualification Linux Certification, Oracle Certification is an added advantage.
- Extensive knowledge of banking systems like Globus T24 with at least 2 years of hands-on operational support.
- 4-6 years’ experience in the IT industry with more emphasis on programming using a Relational Database Management System (RDMS)
- Knowledge of Java/JVM based languages.
- Must have a sound knowledge of Mobile Money, VAS technology, Payment Services and Platforms.
- Working knowledge of Windows based operating systems & UNIX.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Good interpersonal skills are important.
How To Apply
To Apply Use Link: https://careers.ecocashholdings.co.zw/job/operations-engineer-2/
Interested and qualified candidates should visit our recruitment portal, register, and apply by the
21st of June 2022
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.