Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill in the above mentioned positions.
Reports To: Hospital Matron
Responsible for pre-operative assessments and instilling trust and confidence in the patient, acting as an assistant to the anaesthetist, providing support during the surgical phase, and monitoring patient’s health on recovery
Duties And Responsibilities
- Ensure good working environment in operating room theatre through good preparation of working areas.
- Assess patients prior to surgery (e.g. NPO status and hydration status) and ensures the patient signs an informed consent form all the time.
- Assists the Anaesthetist and Surgeon’s needs during their procedures
- Ensure safety of patient by organizing the operating room and maintaining aseptic technique
- Ensure provision of necessary equipment and instruments for specific cases
- Setting up for cases adequately and ensuring instruments used are sterile
- Work in collaboration with CSSD assistants and ensure a good working environment
Qualifications And Experience
The prospective candidates must have a minimum of 5 O’ Levels, including English, in addition to the respective professional qualifications, as follows:
- Diploma in General Nursing
- Diploma in Operating Theatre Nursing
- Current Practicing Certificate
- A minimum of two years of experience
- Ability to work under pressure
How To Apply
Written applications, including CVs and certified copies of relevant certificates should be submitted by post to the address mentioned below or email to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Friday, 14th October 2022, at close of business.
The Administration & HR Manager
Mbuya Dorcas Hospital
Number 3631 Masotsha Ndlovu Drive