CAMFED envisions a world, in which every child is educated, protected, respected and valued, and grows up to turn the tide of poverty. As the most effective strategy to tackle poverty and inequality, CAMFED multiplies educational opportunities for girls and empowers young women to become leaders of change. Our focus is on girls and young women in rural areas of sub-Saharan Africa. This is where girls face acute disadvantage and where their empowerment will have a transformative impact.
CAMFED seeks to create a roster of qualified and experienced Drivers who will be engaged as and when required at short notice and usually for short periods (not more than 10 days per month). When called to provide services, a Driver will be required to sign a Voluntary Agreement form for the specific assignment / period; Placement on the roster does not form a financial commitment from CAMFED Zimbabwe, and the agreement will be non-exclusive (i.e it does prohibit CAMFED from entering into other such framework agreements with other individuals). Financial commitments will only be established each time the services are requested within the scope of the Volunteer Agreement. The Driver will be paid for the number of days worked at the agreed daily rate. Under the guidance and supervision of the Head of Administration and Human Resources and direct supervision by the Administration Department, the Driver provides reliable and safe driving services. The Driver should demonstrate a client – oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy and the ability to work with people from different national and cultural backgrounds.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Ensures provision of reliable and secure driving services by
a) driving office vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel urban and district trips as well as delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items;
b) meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport, visa and customs formalities arrangement when required and any other duties assigned by the Head of Administration and Human Resources and any other such person, as CAMFED shall from time to time direct;
- Ensures cost-savings through proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports;
- Ensure day to day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, breakers, car washing, etc;
- Ensures availability of all required documents / supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, and map of the city / country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts;
- Ensures that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents;
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Qualifications And Experience
- Secondary Education;
- Valid Driver’s licence;
- Defensive driving Course;
- At least 5 years work experience as a Driver at reputable organizations;
- Safe driving record;
- Fluency in English.
How To Apply
Please forward your application to email@example.com by 9am on Monday 14 March 2022 or send to CAMFED Zimbabwe, 26 Campbell Road, Pomona, and Harare or by post to P.O. Box 4104, Harare. Attaching a detailed CV, names of two contactable referees, a motivation letter, certified copies of certificates. The subject of the email should clearly state ‘Impact Officer’. Responses and disclosure of the financial commitment will only be to shortlisted candidates. If you do not receive a response within 14 days of the closing date of this advertisement, consider your application unsuccessful.