Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the following posts:
HEALTH SERVICES DEPARTMENT
POST B: NURSE AIDE
Duties And Responsibilities
Includes the following and other duties that may be assigned as appropriate
- Reports to the nurse on duty and Nurse in charge
- Perform routine tasks under the supervision of a registered nurse on duty.
- Checks patients’ vital signs, Temperature, Pulse, BP, Weight; record and report any deviation from the normal appropriately
- Bed making, Daily damp dusting and routine high dusting
- Collecting and escorting patients to different areas for further management
- Wound care using standard procedures, preparing sterile packs and aseptic techniques.
- Washing and ironing of clinic linen, monthly inventory of all linen.
- Maintaining order in the clinics generally and ward; Collect and serve meals to admitted patients
- Proper clinic waste disposal, complying with effective infection control systems and SOPs
- Any other duties as assigned by their superior.
Qualifications And Experience
- 5 O-Levels passes
- Certificate in Redcross Nurse Aide training or equivalent
- 3 years’ experience (if in a hospital setting will be an added advantage
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work under pressure
- Young and energetic
How To Apply
Applicants must submit copies of applications with the following: application letter, certified certificates and curriculum vitae giving full details of names, place and date of birth, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact telephone number (s) and names and email addresses of three referees to:
The Deputy Registrar (Human Resources)
Midlands State University
Application documents must be in a single scan pdf format. Closing date for applications is 18 February 2022.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to.
*NB: Midlands State University is an equal opportunities employer. In the interest of promoting gender parity, female candidates are encouraged to apply.