Powertel invites applications from suitably qualified, experienced and dynamic, individuals to fill the vacancy for the position of Network Operations Manager. This is a senior management position whose output is key to the strategic requirements of the organisation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To assist in developing the Company's technical strategic business plan.
- To develop smooth maintenance and fault diagnosis systems.
- To ensure optimisation of the infrastructure and network performance.
- To lead in enterprise and business process architecture planning design in order to meet seamless technology migrations and evolution.
- To help drive and lead the development of a culture of innovation and continuous improvement.
- To spearhead research on new technologies and systems in order to keep the Company competitive and abreast of new technologies.
- Delegates work sets performance targets and conducts performance appraisals for all staff under ow n control.
- Manages staff discipline, resolves grievances and resolves disputes/conflicts in an objective, ethical and professional manner through administering the Code of Conduct and Grievance Procedure.
- Responsible for employee mentoring and coaching as well as motivation.
- Responsible for weekly and monthly operations management reports.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Technical Director.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Electrical Engineering/Electronic Engineering or recognized equivalent technical degree.
- A relevant postgraduate degree such as M.Sc/MBA/MBL or equivalent.
- Valid membership of a recognized professional institution e.g Engineering Council of Zimbabwe. Knowledge of current telecommunications technologies.
- 8 years relevant experience of which 6 years should be at senior level.
- Strong Leadership skills Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Good planning and organising skills
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should send clearly labelled applications indicating position applied for. All applications must include certified copies of academic and 'professional certificates accompanied by a detailed curriculum vitae to be submitted not later than 21 November 2022 addressed to:
The Human Resources Manager (A)
Powertel Communications (Pvt) Limited
16 Birmingham Roard
P.O Box 7600
OR Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly, note, it is not company policy for any prospective job applicants to pay the organization or any of its employees any fee towards the recruitment process.