Job Purpose The job holder will be charged with the responsibility of supporting, configuring, ortaintaining and upgrading the Agency's networks, data centre and cloud resources.
Reporting to: Deputy Director Information Technology Services.
- Head Office Harare Job
Responsibilities and Duties
- Perform in-depth troubleshooting, installation and maintenance of switches, routers, servers, wireless equipment, PCs, universal power supplies and telephony equipment.
- Collaborate and assist with the installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of: Layer 2 and 3 routing/switching hardware, software and configurations, server hardware, video teleconference hardware and software, telephony equipment, and network security systems.
- Configure LAN, WAN and SDWANs
- Perform or supervise backups
- Database administration
- Provide research and recommendations on new technologies.
- Create and update network blueprint of the Agency.
- VPN Setup and deployments. Pastel and SAP support
Qualifications and attributes
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years working experience.
- Cisco certified network professional, Sophos certified network administrator, Sophos firewall administration and deployment would be an added advantage
- Proficient in Linux server and security administration, server migrations and automation
- Knowledge of open source systems: Linux and Unix environments, Linux backup and disaster recovery and windows Server 2019 administration 6. Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Must be a good team leader
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving skills
- Technical aptitude in computer hardware installation and support, wireless technology applications and interface, and IT security
How To Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications, current CVs and certified copies of their qualifications, clearly stating the position they are applying for to:
The Director Human Resource
Zimbabwe National Statistics Agency(ZIMSTAT)
18th Floor, Kaguvi Building
Corner Simon Muzenda Street and Central Avenue
P.O. Box CY 342 Causeway, Harare
apply on email: email@example.com