The job holders will be charged with the responsibility of managing, coordinating and production of a wide range of high quality statistics through surveys.
Reporting To: Director-macroeconomics
Duties And Responsibilities
- Produce Annual Gross Domestic Product (GDP), Quarterly Gross Domestic Product and Annual Provincial Gross Domestic Product using the output approach, Expenditure approach and Income Approaches at current and constant prices.
- Produce Supply and Use Tables, Social Accounting Matrices (SAM), Tourism Satellite Accounts (TSA), National Health Accounts, environmental Statistics and input and output tables.
- Coordinate Poverty Income Consumption and Expenditure Surveys and Rapid PICES Monitoring Surveys.
- Provide inputs into Macroeconomic Framework Group model
- Determine appropriate methodology and dissemination methods for each specific statistical system.
- The incumbent should be able to undertake capacity building activities for statisticians.
- Represent the department at local, regional and international meetings.
- Provide Statistics to users.
Qualifications And Experience
- Master's Degree in Economics.
- Degree in Economics
- Experience working in trade, poverty, prices, finance, national accounts and economic analysis disciplines
- At least 5 years relevant experience
- Must be a good team leader.
- Excellent presentation of facilitation skills
How To Apply
Interested Candidates are invited to submit their applications, current CVs and certified copies of their qualifications by end of day 5 September 2022 to:
THE DIRECTOR HUMAN RESOURCES
Zimbabwe National Statistics Agency (ZIMSTAT)
18TH Floor Kaguvi Building
Corner Simon Muzenda Street and Central Avenue
P.O BOX CY 342 Causeway Harare
OR apply on email: email@example.com