The job holders will be charged with the responsibility of managing, coordinating and production of a wide range of high quality statistics through surveys.
Reporting to: Director-Macroeconomics
Responsibilities and Duties
- Produce Annual Gross Domestic Product (GDP), Quarterly Gross Domestic Product and Annual Provincial Gross Domestic Product using the output approach, Expenditure approach and Income Approaches at current and constant prices.
- Produce Supply and Use Tables, Social Accounting Matrices (SAM), Tourism Satellite Accounts (TSA), National Health Accounts, environmental Statistics and input and output tables.
- Coordinate Poverty Income Consumption and Expenditure Surveys and Rapid PICES Monitoring Surveys.
- Provide inputs into Macroeconomic Framework Group model
- Determine appropriate methodology and dissemination methods for each specific statistical system.
- The incumbent should be able to undertake capacity building activities for statisticians.
- Represent the department at local, regional and international meetings.
- Provide Statistics to users.
- Strategic planning and budgeting for the Section.
- Provide technical and administrative oversight over the department.
Qualifications and attributes
- Degree in Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Financial Statistics or equivalent
- A Master's Degree in the relevant discipline is a must.
- Experience working in trade, poverty, prices, finance, national accounts and economic analysis disciplines.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience of which five must be at senior level.
- Must be a good team leader
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
How To Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications, current CVs and certified copies of their qualifications, clearly stating the position they are applying for to:
The Director Human Resource
Zimbabwe National Statistics Agency(ZIMSTAT)
18th Floor, Kaguvi Building
Corner Simon Muzenda Street and Central Avenue
P.O. Box CY 342 Causeway, Harare
apply on email: email@example.com