Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the above-mentioned post that has arisen in the University.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Carrying out mechanical repairs, maintenance and servicing University vehicles
- Repairing or replacing broken or dysfunctional vehicle parts
- Inspecting vehicle engine, clutch, steering, suspension and fuel systems
- Carrying out overhauls on vehicle engine, clutch, steering, suspension and fuel system
- Attending to vehicle breakdowns and ensuring that vehicles were serviced;
- Providing accurate estimates (cost, time, effort) for repair or maintenance job
- Performing preventative maintenance such as engine tune ups, oil changes, replacing filters and wheel balancing
- Keeping vehicle records up to date; and
- Supervising Assistants; and
- Any other duties as assigned by the Workshop Administrators.
Qualifications and Experience
- Applicants must have at least a Journeyman Class One certificate in Motor Mechanics preferably apprentice trained and a valid class two (2) driver’s licence.
- Applicants must have five (5) years’ experience of repairing, servicing and maintenance of petrol or diesel vehicles, tractors, generators and other equipment.
- In addition, applicants, applicants must have five (5) ordinary level passes including Mathematics and English Language.
- Applicants must have hands on experience of servicing vehicle models such as Toyota, Mazda, Nissan Mercedes Benz, Yutong and Honda.
How to Apply
To apply, visit careers on the Great Zimbabwe University website: http://elearning.gzu.ac.zw/careers/ Applicants are urged to fill in all the necessary fields on the application platform and attach the required documents.
Deadline: 07 January 2023.