Children Support Trust is a recent national development NGO based in (Mutare) Zimbabwe. Its programming targets children who are victims of separation and divorce. Children Support Trust programing thematic areas are mainly child development and protection; quality accessible, safe and inclusive education, SRH for young men and women, gender normative transformation; household economic skills and empowerment support. Children Support Trust is on its inception seeks the services that are voluntary at the moment in the above fields
Reporting to: The Executive Director
Purpose of the position
The MERLI LEAD will provide oversight technical support and supervision of CST staff involved in a number of Programming of the Organisation .The MERLI LEAD works directly with the programs staff for efficient and timely compilation and submission of accurate reports from field sites and maintains an appropriate filling system of received data and reports including maintaining, updating CST- PROJECTS, Programs Monitoring and Evaluation System. Consolidating and Reporting MERLI Information. The MERLI LEAD will have a functional supporting and supervisory role to the CST Team and should demonstrate strong engagement on Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Documentation, Core Humanitarian Standards, Accountability, while mainstreaming Gender, Child Protection, Disability and Compliance issues.
Duties And Responsibilities
- To put in place functional planning, monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning systems and strategies for Programmes/Projects including maintaining an updated CPPMES that enables real-time tracking of project performance against targets.
- In collaboration with respective Programs Coordinators, come up with innovative project ideas, proposals, formulate and ensure effective implementation of Project Monitoring and Evaluation Plans.
- In collaboration with Programs Staff and external stakeholders, provide technical support on targeting and CST Sponsored beneficiary registration and verification processes and ensure compliance to selection criteria.
- Provide technical assistance in the preparation of periodic reports (monthly, quarterly, half year and annual) at all Levels. This also includes regularly updating the project indicator tracker and timely sharing of the same to guide management decision making.
- Support programme teams on monthly data collection, ensuring data are verified before entry to relevant databases and that databases are up to date and accurate before exporting or sharing. This may also require periodic on-site data verification exercises to verify reports and data submitted using monitoring instruments, observation, personnel interview and final reports to be shared.
- Contribute to CST MERLI component in proposal writing through the development of appropriate logical frameworks and monitoring plans as per donor specifications.
- To improve the quality of CST’s interventions by strengthening institutional memory and lesson learning through a systematized approach to recording, documenting and internalizing experience with optimum participation of internal and external stakeholders.
- In coordination with respective technical persons, identify and document cases (success and failure stories) for learning, scale-up and proposal development
- Facilitate bi-annual organizational review and reflection process in addition to providing technical assistance to project teams in conducting regular review and reflection processes.
- Support the design and implementation of research studies, surveys and assessments (rapid and comprehensive) ensuring the effective participation of all project stakeholders.
- Take a leading and supportive role in the planning and design of research studies, assessments or surveys through the development of Terms of Reference and relevant data collection tools (paper based and electronic).
- Coordinate the process of all (internal and external) field surveys, baseline, mid-term and terminal evaluations and Monitoring at Project Levels. This also includes providing required technical assistance in undertaking operational research at Project Level and in/with partner organizations
- Plan and coordinate data quality assurance, including frequent data auditing and data spot checks for the CST Programmes.
- Ensure that the results of surveys and ongoing monitoring, including consultations with beneficiaries, is made available in a user-friendly format for programme design and decision-making.
- Support the dissemination of research/assessment findings internally and to external stakeholders.
- Lead Knowledge Attitudes and Practices survey on protection risks and reporting on child protection violations.
- Coordinate Programme Operational Analytical survey. Lead the planning, design and coordination of the project evaluations including reviewing reports.
- Support programme teams in establishing and running effective project-based Community Feedback Mechanisms (CFMs). Support the production of regular internal (and external) reports on information sharing, complaint trends, response procedures, policies and other relevant issues.
Qualifications And Experience
- A degree in Development Studies, Monitoring and Evaluation, Statistics and Operations Research, Strategic Planning or related studies.
- A post graduate degree in research and or monitoring and evaluation will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrable experience with participatory, quantitative, and qualitative methods
- Proven analytical report writing skills in English (required) and proven ability to give attention to detail.
- Computer skills – word-processing, spreadsheets, SPSS experience required. MIS, mobile data collection applications and computer database experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively and independently within a multicultural team with differing areas of expertise
How To Apply
Interested candidates can submit application letter together with detailed CV to: email@example.com not later than 17 August 2022.
Please indicate the position being applied for on the subject of your email e.g Digital Communications and Publicity Coordinator.
Kindly note that shortlisting will be done on rolling basis. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Children support trust is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce and does not discriminate in terms of race, ethnic background, colour, creed, gender, sexual orientation, including persons living with disabilities, to apply.
The successful candidate will undergo relevant background checks and will be required to commit in writing to comply with the Children Support trust safeguarding procedure