Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the above post:
Duties And Responsibilities
- Designing and setting up of University Technical Program, Monitoring and Evaluation frameworks (including program M and E plan, budget and data collection tools.
- Designing evaluation data collection, data entry and data cleaning, data analysis (qualitative and quantitative) and report writing.
- Collation and interpretation of complex data on a range of Universities’ activities and functions.
- Oversee monitoring and evaluation activities including the context analysis, impact evaluation, qualitative and quantitative analysis of program activities, output and outcomes.
- Designing and testing of data collection tools, data analysis and reporting.
- Capacitating Heads of Departments in conducting assessments, ongoing program monitoring and reporting.
- Work with the Quality Assurance and Professional Directorate to ensure that accountability mainstreaming is implemented in all University activities.
- Conduct stakeholder consultation to serve as Program Management tools and early warning systems.
- Carry out periodical internal audits to ensure that University activities are in line with program implementation plan and outcomes.
- Coordinate, consolidate and document lessons learnt and best practises within the program and share information with relevant stakeholders.
- Assist in organising relevant technical trainings for all University’s Strategic goals.
- Create and maintain databases and processes to collect, collate, analyse and report on data support and inform decision makers at all levels.
- Designing and conducting online student/lecturer evaluations.
- To manage and oversee administrative monitoring procedures and systems to ensure adherence and compliance to SOPs.
- Actively participate in University wide Committee to contribute to the review and improvement of processes and procedures in line with University Strategic Plan.
Qualifications And Experience
- A Master’s Degree in the Humanities, Social Sciences or Development Studies
- A Degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies.
- A Diploma or Postgraduate qualification in Monitoring and Evaluation is a MUST
- At least two years working experience in the Monitoring and Evaluation field.
- University work experience is an added advantage.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain professional relationships.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to deal with a wide variety of people at all levels using judgement, diplomacy, tact and political awareness.
- Intellectual capacity to use sophisticated problem-solving skills and implement appropriate solutions.
- Able to develop systems and processes, taking into account multiple factors and analysing complex data.
- Good computer and database management skills, document review and report writing skills.
- A team player, ability to multi-task and work in cross-functional, fast-paced environments with the pressure of multiple deadlines.
- Honesty and personal integrity, emotional maturity and ability to adjust to working conditions.
- Excellent database computing skills, including high level of competency in the use of statistical packages such EXCEL, STATA and MATLAB.
- The ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Commitments to maintain high service and quality standards.
How To Apply
Applicants must submit copies of applications with the following: application letter, certified certificates and curriculum vitae giving full details of names, place and date of birth, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact telephone number (s) and names and email addresses of three referees to:
The Deputy Registrar (Human Resources)
Midlands State University
Application documents must be in a single scan pdf format.
Applicants should clearly state the post being applied for in the subject line. It should also be noted that non-adherence to any of the above instructions will automatically cause the application not to be considered.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to