The Procurement Regulatory Authority of Zimbabwe (PRAZ) is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the following positions that have arisen within the Organization.
DEPARTMENT: MONITORING AND EVALUATION
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receives, prepares, reviews, monthly, quarterly and annual procurement returns from Procuring Entities
- Drafts and submits inputs into the monthly, quarterly, annual and all other reports for and on the Division's performance to the Monitoring and Evaluation Manage
- Inputs into monthly and quarterly reports on the Monitoring and Evaluation Division's performance Performs the periodic and scheduled M&E audits/reviews for procuring entities and contracts in order to assess their adherence to standard procurement rules, processes and procedures, establish compliance with the Act and performance in conformance to best practice, providing recommendations in line with legislation where violations exist while addressing any identified risks and challenges
- Collects the relevant and appropriate data to monitor and evaluate the compliance and performance trends needed for effective procurement reviews and the overall M&E system which will be utilized in the monitoring of strength, weaknesses and gaps in public procurement and assert disposal.
- Assesses procurement contracts to identify gaps and weakness of contractual provisions and drafts recommendation in the development of better public procurement processes.
- Drafts non-compliance schedules with regards to procurement reporting and drafts non-compliance communication for Procuring Entities and bidders/contractors
- Participates in the implementation of Divisional plans through adherence to the set performance objectives and standards and aligning own actions with the defined culture for PRAZ
- Applies the approved monitoring and evaluation policies, processes, systems, controls and operating mechanisms, making recommendations for improvement where necessary
- Collects the relevant and appropriate data needed for an effective M&E system and conducts periodic monitoring and evaluation procedures on public procurement activities
- Reviews compliance and procurement performance assessment results, leveraging both qualitative and quantitative techniques that lead to a broad view of non-compliance risk areas.
- Suggests the upgrade of Monitoring and Evaluation framework and tools
- Produces comprehensive and concise data reports and narratives including clear data visualizations for reporting
- Identifies and recommends innovative, approaches and suggests targeted M&E metrics measurement system to enable robust and targeted solutions.
- Assists in the identification of key performance questions and parameters for monitoring procuring entities while designing standardized formats for such performance reports
- Assists in regular maintenance and application of the overall comprehensive monitoring and evaluation framework, system and tools to enhance governance and accountability
- Carries out any other duties as assigned by the Monitoring and Evaluation Manager.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in a field related to data, such as Procurement, Monitoring and Evaluation, Accounting, Auditing, Law, Commerce, Social Sciences, Computer Science, Information Technology, Data Science or Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, from a recognized tertiary institution
- ACCA, CA, CIPS, CA, CISA, CIA, CFE or any other Data or Statistical analytics certification related to governance and regulatory compliance. e.g. ACL, SPSS, STATA S, 'R', Stata, Survey Solutions, CDS, CAR CDMP, SAS
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years working experience in audit, regulatory compliance or monitoring and evaluation of procurement and other business processes and controls. One (1) year must be in a supervisory position in a reputable institution
- Experience in applying procurement concepts and laws, monitoring and evaluation, regulatory compliance, legal codes, government regulations and industry best practices
- Proven technical excellence and ability to deliver the full cycle of project management, balance multiple projects and other monitoring and evaluation responsibilities
How To Apply
Candidates who meet the requirements of the above posts are invited to submit their applications accompanied by CVs, Application Letters and Certified Copies of Certificates to email@example.com or address to:
Finance and Administration Director
The Procurement Regulatory Authority of Zimbabwe
P.O Box CY406
NB: If you do not receive any response within a month please accept that your application was unsuccessful