The job holder will be responsible for development and implementation of an effective monitoring and evaluation system including the design and management of data portals.
Reporting to: Director Statistical Services.
- Head Office Harare Job
Responsibilities and Duties
- Developing a comprehensive departmental work plan in line with the divisions' annual plan and manage its implementation.
- Planning, budgeting, monitoring and coordination of activities in the Department
- Design and manage the implementation of the M and E system within the Agency
- Manage continuous monitoring and periodic evaluations of the Agency's programs/projects as designed in work-plans to ensure programs/projects are within design and implementation principles of M and E.
- Ensure data quality standards are maintained for program and projects.
- Undertake regular review of data management systems and processes and advice on ways of continuous improvement
- Lead in writing M and E reports and coordinate documentation and dissemination of findings.
- Development and maintenance of M and E reporting templates, training manuals and standardized tools to enhance monitoring and evaluation.
- Leading in the provision of statistics on SDGs, design and management of data portals.
- Staff mentoring, supervision and performance appraisals
Qualifications and attributes
- A first degree in Mathematics/Statistics/Operations Research and Statistics equivalent with a quantitative bias.
- Masters' degree in Mathematics/Statistics/Operations Research and Statistics or equivalent with a quantitative bias.
- A diploma in Project management/ Monitoring and Evaluation a must.
- Excellent computer skills including use of Statistical packages like SAS, CSPro, SPSS, STATA.
- Have at least 5 years working experience as a statistician.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Must be a good team leader
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
How To Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications, current CVs and certified copies of their qualifications, clearly stating the position they are applying for to:
The Director Human Resource
Zimbabwe National Statistics Agency(ZIMSTAT)
18th Floor, Kaguvi Building
Corner Simon Muzenda Street and Central Avenue
P.O. Box CY 342 Causeway, Harare
apply on email: firstname.lastname@example.org