The key objective of this position is to carry out mechanical and electrical corrective and preventive maintenance for all company assets as well as coming up with mechanical and electrical designs that conform to statutory and related regulatory requirements. This position will also ensure that the maintenance function is discharged in compliance with the quality management system: ISO 9001: 2015 standard.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Performing installations, commissioning, corrective and preventive maintenance on plant machinery, equipment and facilities in line with the relevant statutory and regulations.
- Advising management on possible equipment and machinery design in order to improve plant availability.
- Inspecting and testing machinery and equipment to detect irregularities and malfunctions.
- Monitoring and approving the work of subcontractors.
- Assisting in the training of machine operators.
- Taking steps to ensure every job is done in a manner that’s safe and completed according to the
- workplace safety regulations, laws and requirements
- Inspecting and examining machinery and equipment to detect irregularities and malfunctions.
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications And Experience
- '5' Ordinary Level Certificate Including Mathematics, English language and a Science Subject.
- Millwright, Electrical & Electronics or Mechanical Engineering Diploma + Journeyman Class 1.
- City & Guilds Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering + Journeyman Class 1.
- BTech. (Hons) IME, Mechanical Engineering or BTech. (Hons) Electrical & Electronics +
- Journeyman Class 1 is an added advantage
- Minimum of 4 years industrial experience in a manufacturing environment.
- In-depth electrical and mechanical skills.
- Basic welding skills.
- Good knowledge of variable speed drives (VSDs) and Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s).
- Trouble shooting and problem- solving skills.
- Mature to handle pressure and meet deadlines
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Be flexible with working hours as requested
How To Apply
Application letter together with a detailed curriculum vitae must be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
NB: Kindly note the only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.