The main purpose of the job is to create and normalize metadata, optimizing the interoperability of metadata among systems, and leveraging metadata to increase data discoverability and use of data collections and monitors Meta data emerging technologies. This enhances communications across within the entire business through the consistent use of metadata and shared meanings across the business.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Manages the enterprise Data Catalogue for the enterprise, including new feature rollouts for the various user groups across the company
- Acts as a one of the primary contributors for the Metadata repositories as well as manage the health and wellbeing of the Metadata repositories
- Implements and maintains the Meta Data management tool
- Populates Metadata content and associate terms in the Business and Technical Definitions Glossary
- Establishes repeatable, sustainable processes to maintain data and metadata.
- Project management of metadata projects
- Help to promote a data community comprised of both data producers and data consumers encouraging participation from the community in building out the Metadata Catalogue
- Collaborate with Data, Analytics and Technical teams and guide them on meta data standards and the meta data tool
- Define and design workflows in partnership with data governance team
- Assist data Stewards to identify enterprise data requirements
Qualification And Experience
- 6 O Levels Including Mathematics, Science and English.
- 2 A Level passesDegree in Computer Science, Data Science, Software Engineering, ICT, or equivalent.
- Project management certification, such as PRINCE2, PMP, plus knowledge of agile methodologies will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of metadata tools or master data management tools, plus any data wrangling tools is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of structured and unstructured data wrangling tools and techniques
- Minimum of three (3) years in an analytics environment, working with databases or equivalent.
How To Apply
To Apply Use Link: https://recruitment.econet.co.zw/job/meta-data-analyst-x1-2/
Closing Date: 21/08/2022.
NB: Please note only short listed applicants will be responded to