Responsible for all electronic banking applications to ensure adoption, usage, availability, and enhancement of functionality.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Merchant setups and configurations
- Setup of merchants within 24 hours of acquisition
- Accurate configuration of merchants on acquiring system
- Proper filing of merchant applications and setup forms
- Engagement with business for receipt of merchant applications Regular engagement with branch and head office unit staff to create awareness of digital banking products
- Sign off on all merchant setups timely
Device configuration and deployment
- Setup of merchant devices within 24 hours of application Deployment of devices within 48 – 72 hrs of setup (dependant on location)
- Accurate configuration of devices
- Proper filing of device setup documents
- Ensure devices / payment points are deployed within specified timelines
- Engagement with technology teams to report any system challenges Maintain all product governance papers
Terminal usage and reporting
- Sales turnover targets
- Volume targets
- Active ratio
- Quality of reporting
- Assist business units achieve sales targets
- Regular visits to merchant shops to ensure devices are working as expected
- Reporting any faults and replacement of faulty devices with 24 hours of receiving report
Stakeholder and Merchant relationship management
- • Productive working relationships
- • Prompt identification, management and mitigation of any risks
- relating to products
- • Build strong relationships with till operators and supervisors for
- our devices to be device of choice
- • Identify opportunities to leverage opportunities and share
- knowledge and lessons learnt
- Effective teamwork, self-management, and alignment with group values
- • Demonstrate pride in BancABC and Atlas Mara’s brand and values
- • Handle stress in ways that do not negatively impact others
- • Plan and manage own workflow, anticipating obstacles, work
- prioritisation, and following through on objectives within agreed
- timeframes and according to quality standards
- • Act in an ethical, transparent, and morally defensible manner,
- including highlighting unethical practices
- • Continually share, debate, and communicate learnings
- • Flag and debate issues constructively
- • Promote a co-operative climate in working with others to achieve
- shared goals
- • Display skill at mentoring/coaching others and resolving conflict
Qualifications And Experience
Qualifications and Work Experience
- Business / Technical Certificate or Diploma
- 1+ years in card merchant support role
Special Skills and Competencies
- Highly analytical and attentive to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to be assertive when necessary
- Able to interact confidently with senior stakeholders
- Sound planning and organising skills with an ability to work with minimal supervision
- Deadline driven
- Proactive, resilient, and tenacious
- Knowledge of new product governance, control, and risk management
- Knowledge of the full MS Office suite and MS Projects
- Ability to understand Technical Architecture of all existing and proposed solutions for digital banking
- Define SIT, UAT, POST Implementation conditions.
- Develops accurate and complete test plans.
- Leads testing efforts.
- Ensures issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner.
- Works with channel owners to identify required changes.
- Communicates needed changes to development team.
- Identifies and documents system deficiencies and recommends solutions.
How To Apply
Interested applicants who meet the job requirements should e-mail their CVs to Careerszim@bancabc.co.zw with the Heading: “Merchant Technical Officer” attaching scanned copies of academic certificates and national ID.
APPOINTMENTS WILL BE MADE IN COMPLIANCE WITH BancABC’s RECRUITMENT POLICY.