Reporting to the Deputy Director - Occupational Safety and Health, the successful candidate will be based in Bulawayo, and will oversee the management and delivery of Occupational Health Services to the nation and the administration of national occupational health laws and regulations to reduce the rates of occupational diseases, accidents and injuries to workers in general and also to the public.
- Oversee the administration of national Occupational Health and Safety legislation, especially health related legislation such as the Pneumoconiosis Act, the Factories and Works Act, the Mining Regulations, SI 168 of 1990, the Accident Prevention and Workers Compensation Scheme, NSSA Act Public Health Act and the Environmental Management Act.
- Oversee the medico-legal management of occupational diseases and injuries at national level for the purposes of medical insurance underwriting, medical aid cover and compensation for such things as pneumoconiosis, occupational accidents and injuries and occupational diseases in general. Enforcement of compliance in industry and other workplaces, all national occupational health and safety laws, ratified ILO conventions, and laws to do with public and environmental health issues in general.
- Carry out legal health assessment of workers in general but particularly those in designated hazardous working environments according to legal provisions e.g., pneumoconiosis medical examinations, certificates for mine workers and all those exposed to dusty working environments.
- Take charge of the management and administration of Occupational Hygiene services in terms of legal requirements, disease-cause-effect determination, legal designation of health hazardous environments and other related issues.
- Oversee the management and administration at organisational, divisional and departmental levels of the following; The Pneumoconiosis Medical Bureau; The Occupational Diseases and Accidents assessment clinic and Industrial Hygiene function.
- A Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery Degree (MBChB) or equivalent.
- Registered with the MDPCZ with a valid practising certificate.
- Postgraduate training in Occupational Health, Occupational Medicine or Public Health a must.
- A minimum of 5 years' progressive experience of which 2 years should be at administrative level.
Key Competencies Characteristics
Soundknowledge of and practice in occupational health issues. Good management skills. A nad bility to detect occupational diseases and relate occupational health conditions to workplace hazards. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Good analytical skills. Deadline driven and ability to work under pressure. Good presentation skills. Valid Driver's license.
How To Apply
Those interested in pursuing this opportunity should either hand deliver their applications with CV's and certified copies of professional qualifications to;
Corner Sam Nujoma (2nd Street)/Selous Avenue, Harare.
or, alternatively post their applications to;
The Deputy Director- Human Resources
National Social Security Authority
P.O. Box CY 1387
OR Email email@example.com