Africa University, a Pan African and United Methodist Church Related Institution in Zimbabwe, invites applications from suitably qualified and well experienced persons to fill the following strategic position:
MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENTIST/TECHNOLOGIST X 2 POSTS The successful candidate will be reporting to the Head of Department of Biomedical and Laboratory Sciences.
Duties And Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Setting up students' practical sessions and demonstrations with minimum supervision
- Supervising students during practical sessions.
- Ensure safety of students and staff in the laboratory at all times.
- Maintain adequate stock levels of reagents and perishables used in the teaching and diagnostic laboratory.
- Keeping an inventory of all laboratory equipment in the teaching and diagnostic laboratory.
- Maintain laboratory equipment in good working condition.
- Scheduling servicing of laboratory equipment.
- Maintaining cleanliness in all laboratories.
- Ensure that the laboratory infrastructure is in good working condition at all times in line with regulatory authorities' rules and regulations.
- Practising proper medical waste disposal.
- Supervising laboratory technicians and assistants.
- Collecting samples from clients referred by the university clinic and clients from the surrounding community.
- Processing all samples in the clinical laboratory.
- Ensuring efficient flowing of samples and results between the clinical laboratory and the University clinic.
- Any other duties, such as research activities in the department.
Qualifications And Responsibilities
- A first class in Honours Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Sciences (HBMLS) Degree or any other equivalent Biomedical qualification such as Medical Bacteriology, Mycology, Parasitology, or Virology, Immunology, Haematology and Clinical Biochemistry from a reputable institution recognized by Africa University.
- Have the requisite eligibility for registration by the Medical Laboratory and Clinical Scientists Council of Zimbabwe.
- A minimum of two-year (2) post-qualification experience working in a Medical Laboratory is essential.
How To Apply
Applications together with copies of Curriculum vitae, certified copies and certificates, academic transcripts and at least three names of referees with their email, phone numbers and postal addresses should be forwarded to: email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 1 August 2022.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.