Contract type: The position will be based on a fixed term contract that can be extended depending on performance and availability of funds.
The Adult Rape Clinic (ARC) is a Registered Non-Governmental Organization that offers medical and psychosocial support care to survivors of sexual gender-based violence (SGBV). ARC is looking for an experienced Media and Communications Officer to be based in Harare. ARC’s employment policy respects gender and human rights and offers opportunities to all without discrimination. ARC has a zero-tolerance policy towards sexual exploitation and abuse and violations of child safeguarding values.
Duties And Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities
- Reporting to the Program Coordinator, Media and Communications Officer responsibilities include updating the media strategy, website, and designing and developing media content including Information Education and Communication materials.
- Managing ARC’s social media and online platforms.
Other duties include:
- Strategy and Plan Development:
- Collaborate with management to develop an effective communications strategy based on target audiences and in line with organization’s mission and vision
- Draft and edit the communications plan, and content as needed for different projects;
- Develop, design and edit content publications:
- Write, edit and distribute content, including publications, press releases, website content, annual reports, speeches, and other marketing material that communicate the organization’s activities, products and / or services
- Develop and design content for Information Education and Communication Materials, online posters and videos
- Work with all departments to ensure their activities are publicized;
- Assist with Project Proposal development where media components are involved:
- Management and Updating of Online Media Platforms: Generate and edit content (news items, events, knowledge-based resources etc.) to post on the blogs, website, newspapers in English, Shona and Ndebele
- Post news and other contents on ARC’s website and other online platforms on activities and collaborations
- Establish social media accounts on all relevant platforms (i.e Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, You Tube) in order to increase awareness on SGBV
- Media Liaison: Act as a liaison between the organization’s Management, the public, and the media to ensure that the mandate of the organization is effectively communicated
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with journalists, and maintain a media database.
Qualifications And Experience
- Bachelor degree in Media / Journalism / ICT / equivalent; Expertise in Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint and internet is essential
- Additional academic and professional qualification that may be an added advantage for this job: Masters’ degree in Media / Journalism / equivalent
- Certificate in Counseling
- International Computer Driving License (ICDL) Certificate; Knowledge and Experience:
- A minimum of two (2) years work experience managing the media and communications department in the same sector
- Traceable experience in managing successful media campaigns; Knowledge and experience working with and on digital media platforms.
- Attention to detail; Knowledge of desktop publishing software (InDesign / Photoshop)
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, content management systems, and social media platforms
- Well organized
- Able to meet deadlines (time management and punctuality)
How To Apply
Applications together with detailed curriculum vitae, proof of qualification and experience should be submitted Adult Rape Clinic, Ward C9, Parirenyatwa Hospital, Mazowe Street, or email to email@example.com with the Heading “Media and Communications Officer”. Short-listed candidates meeting the above requirements will be contacted.