The Zimbabwe Farmers' Union (ZFU) is the largest farmers’ interest organization in Zimbabwe. It represents over a million farming households. The Union through its Special Purpose Vehicle is setting up a Meat Market Business.
The Meat Market Manager is a key human resource for the implementation of the Union’s Agricultural commercial project. ZFU is looking for an experienced individual with a strong work ethic who can effectively and efficiently implement and manage controls to get the business to the next level. The successful candidate should have extensive knowledge of health and quality standards, regulations around using meat extenders, labeling practices, waste and shrinkage, stock rotation, and managing stock takes including selection, ordering, preparation, display, packaging, and sale of meat to consumers and commercial customers. The applicant must be able to implement systems effectively and efficiently in the butchery to streamline operations and manage staff.
Duties And Responsibilities
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Overseeing all butchery operations i.e front shop and meat production.
- Performing quality inspections on meats and other products;
- Overseeing product preparation including but not limited to wrapping, inspecting, labeling, and pricing cuts of meat;
- Taking active part in the selection and purchase of quality livestock and products for the business;
- Timely receipt of inventories and costing for resale ( receive, inspect, record, and store meat upon delivery);
- Updating of inventory and ensuring that inventory is kept at appropriate levels;
- Manage and track inventory records to estimate gross monthly profits as per company guidelines;
- Analyzing market trends and applying this knowledge to make insightful marketing decisions for the company;
- Assessing quality of inventory received and escalate any discrepancies to suppliers and management;
- Control department expenses by enhancing operations, meet budgeted goals and control shrinkage and pilferage;
- Ensuring safe and secure storage of inventories;
- Active customer relations and liaison;
- Staff supervision; Comply with government weight, measures, and labeling regulations;
- Maintain operations data, such as time, production, and cost records, and prepare budgets and management reports of production results.
Qualifications And Experience
Qualifications and experience
- Degree in Business Management and Food Processing;
- Minimum of 10 years Butchery experience in a supervisory position or better;
- Be a self-starter and successfully managed a team;
- Be able to achieve sales and gross profits;
- Knowledge of HACCP or ISO 22000 Food Safety Management Systems a must;
- Be able to achieve high standards in hygiene, cutting, packing, merchandising and customer service; Be able to develop and grow sales while controlling expenses;
- Be able to prepare financial reports
Skills and competence
- Excellent computer skills; Critical thinking and negotiation skills;
- Knowledge of meat preparation techniques and cuts; strong communication, task management, and customer service skills;
- Clean Class 4 license is compulsory.
How To Apply
Please submit a Curriculum Vitae and motivational letter to the attention of Human Resources. All applications must be sent by email to email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org Please ensure your email subject clearly reads the position being applied for.