ECODIT is an international development firm working with governments, businesses, and local communities to advance environmentally- and socially-responsible development around the world. We provide technical assistance services ranging from quickturnaround assessments and evaluations to design and implementation of long-term multi-million-dollar projects. Since its founding in 1993, ECODIT has provided professional services through more than 250 projects/contracts to diverse clients in more 50+ countries. Building on our track record of success, we have continuously expanded the depth and breadth of our expertise in the water, energy, environment, and urban and local governance sectors.
The proposed project aims to improve the resilience of vulnerable and marginalized communities (particularly women and youth) through increased incomes and strengthened environmental stewardship from the commercialization of non-timber forest products in Zimbabwe. This will be done through the provision of technical assistance focused on three key areas: (1) Increased production and supply of non-timber forest products; (2) Increased investments in local, regional, and international marketers; (3) Improved natural resource management.
- The M&E Specialist will adapt, and implement the project’s Monitoring and Evaluation Framework throughout the life of the project and ensure the project team has the data and analysis needed to make informed strategic decisions and to improve project implementation;
- The M&E Specialist will work closely with the project’s Chief of Party (COP) and partners to implement the M&E plan, and will oversee partners’ ability to support data management systems and reporting of activity progress, results, and outcomes for the project; Specific duties for the M&E Specialist include, but are not limited to, the following Oversee the implementation, review, and adaptation of the project’s M&E Plan;
- Lead the design and implementation of any needed M&E tools, databases, programs, frameworks, and information systems;
- Lead the analysis of data collected to inform the project’s understanding of progress and areas needed for improvement;
- Ensure the availability of requisite and quality data, including for key indicators, to inform programming and facilitate donor reporting; Design data quality assurance processes and oversee their full institutionalization within the project, also including operationalization and tracking of site-level results;
- Upload data on USAID M&E systems including AID Tracker, TraiNet, etc;
- Design, coordinate, and provide training to USAID / Zimbabwe Non-Timber Forest Product Activity staff, partners, and stakeholders;
- Coordinate with staff, partners, and stakeholders on M&E procedures, tools and mechanisms;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated prior technical expertise developing M&E systems for projects focused on community based forest / natural resource management or sustainable agriculture or non-timber forest product development or small enterprise development;
- Demonstrated prior experience working and reporting results for USAID, including solid understanding of USAID M&E reporting requirements and indicators;
- At least six years of progressive and relevant work experience in the monitoring and evaluation of large projects and / or programs;
- Superior analytical skills and ability to present critical project data and translate data into actions;
- Experience in capacity building and strengthening M&E / reporting systems of partner organizations;
- Strong English communication skills, both verbally and in writing; and Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in International Development, Economics, Monitoring & Evaluation, Statistics, Environmental or Natural Resources Management or a related field.
To Apply Use Link:https: https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf02/ats/careers/v2/applyRequisition?org=ECODITLLC&cws=39&rid=385