Ministry Of Higher and Tertiary Education, Innovation, Science and Technology Development
JOSHUA MQABUKO NKOMO POLYTECHNIC
P. Bag 5832, Gwanda Telephone: (0284) 2822315 / 2822390 Fax: (0284) 2822203
DIPLOMA IN EDUCATION (SECONDARY SCIENCES) COURSE
MAY 2022 INTAKE
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 21 MARCH 2022
All those who are interested in training to be Pure Sciences Mathematics, Geography and Agriculture Secondary School teachers and possess 5 '0' Level passes including English and Mathematics as well as Science (for Pure Sciences) are invited to apply.
COURSES ON OFFER
Three-year Post 'O' Level Diploma in Education (Secondary Sciences) course in:
- Pure Sciences (Biology, Chemistry and Physics)
For course number 1 (Pure Sciences), applicants should have any one of the following '0' Level Science subjects/combinations which have been listed in order of priority:
- Physical Science
- Extended Science
- Combined Science
- Physics and Biology or Chemistry and Biology
- Integrated Science
For courses number 2, 3 and 4 (Mathematics, Geography and Agriculture) applicants must have pass in the relevant subject at 'O' Level. For these courses a pass in Science is not compulsory.
NB: For all the courses, a pass at 'A' Level in the relevant subject areas is an added advantage.
Applicants should note that the following subjects overlap, i.e. treated as ONE subject as an entry qualification to the teacher training course.
- Chemistry (Overlap with Physical Science or Physics-with-Chemistry)
- Biology (Overlap with Rural Biology, Human and Social Biology. Botany or General Science / Integrated Science)
- Botany (Overlap with Rural Biology, Human and Social Biology, Biology or General Science/ Integrated Science)
- Economic Geography (Overlap with Geography)
- Principles of Economics (Overlap with Economics, Economic History)
- Economics (Overlap with Economic Principles or Commerce)
- Engineering Drawing (Overlap with Technical Drawing/Technical Graphics/Computer Graphics)
- General Science / Integrated Science / Zim Science (Overlap with Physics, Biology, Physical Science, Physics-with-Chemistry, Biology, Zoology, Botany or Rural Biology)
- Geography (Overlap with Economic Geography, Physical Geography)
- Health Sciences (Overlap with Human and Social Biology)
- Human and Social (Overlap with Zoology, Biology, Health Science, or Elementary Physiology or Human Biology Biology)
- IsiNdebele (Overlap with IsiZulu)
- Physical Science Science (Overlap with Physics, Chemistry, Physics-with-Chemistry or General Science, Integrated/Zim)
THOSE WHO WILL BE SUCCESSFUL WILL BE NOTIFIED OF THE OUTCOME OF THEIR APPLICATIONS.
NB: The College offers limited accommodation on a first-come-first-served basis.
Applications should be accompanied by certified copies (by Commissioner of Oaths) of birth certificate, I.D. and academic certificates. Include your telephone number/s in the application letter.
A non-refundable Application Processing fee of ZWL 3,000 to be deposited into the College Agribank Account 0190000021407. Bring proof of payment.
Your application should be submitted either at College Reception OR through courier services or this email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Addressed to The Principal and envelope marked: Secondary Sciences Programme).