Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced Zimbabwean citizens to fill the mentioned vacant position.
Manager, Research and Development:
The position exists to assist the Head Research and Development create and implement best practice research vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures. The incumbent shall be responsible for prioritising, planning, managing and implementing relevant, high quality research programmes that will support the Authority to achieve its mandate. The position reports to the Head Research and Development.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Develops and implements research and development procedures and techniques for the department.
- Leads innovation and development within the Authority through strong technical market awareness analysis.
- Manages the research budget for the department In collaboration with the Finance Division.
- Ensures research into new and existing processes, devices, technologies, materials and techniques in line with data protection.
- Determines, implements and monitors research and development strategies, policies and plans for data protection.
- Develops and implements research projects, priorities and targets to support data protection guided by the CDPA Act.
- Leads all research projects and coordinating activities of Research Officers and Assistants.
- Provides advice on research and development options available to the Authority in line with data protection.
- Understands market trends and market analysis to appropriately decide the research needs to be developed
- Develops and delivers effective collaborative research programmes effectively utilizing the skills and experience on data protection.
Qualifications And Experience
- Degree in Business or Social Sciences
- Masters in Business or Social Sciences
- Knowledge of Mixed Research Methods
- At least 5 years' experience in an Academic or Research Institute or related field.
- A Clean Class Four Driver's License a must.
Characteristics And Skills
- Self-motivated and self-starter with excellent skills
- Analytical skills.
- Project Management skills.
- High computer literacy and competency in using Excel at an advanced stage
- Unquestionable integrity
How To Apply
All applications should be submitted to the Director General, 1008 Performance Close, Mt Pleasant Business Park, Harare or P.O. Box MP 843. Mt Pleasant, Harare in an Envelope clearly marked and STATING THE POSITION BEING APPLIED FOR.