Applications from suitably qualified members are invited to fill the above mentioned position.
DutieS And Responsibilities
- Provide project design engineering services for the University and external clients.
- Infrastructure upgrades conceptualisation, design and implementation.
- Provide on-site supervision to in-house and out-sourced construction Project works.
- Commissioning and maintenance of projects.
- Prioritizing, assigning and scheduling work for the Projects & Civil Works Team.
- Providing leadership, coaching, teaching, mentorship and craft specific technical guidance.
Qualifications And Experience
- BSc/BEng/BTech in Civil or Construction Engineering.
- Licensed by the Engineering Council of Zimbabwe.
- Relevant Master’s degree would be an advantage.
- Membership of an acceptable Engineering Professional Institution.
- At least 5 years post qualification relevant experience in the
- Engineering Sector of which 2 years are at management level.
- Proficiency in computer skills.
- Good co-ordination skills.
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Can stay calm under pressure and still make good decisions.
- Attention to detail.
How To Apply
All applications will be treated in strictest confidence. Six copies of applications, including a curriculum vitae, giving full personal particulars indicating full name, place and date of birth; certified copies of national identification, birth certificate, proof of qualifications, employment and experience, present salary, telephone number and names and addresses of three referees should be addressed to:
Deputy Registrar, Human Resources
University of Zimbabwe
P O Box MP 167
Or Hand delivered to the Administration Block, door number 113
The closing date for the receipt of applications is 30th September 2022. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.