Zimbabwe School Examinations Council (ZIMSEC) is inviting suitably qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions that have arisen. (ZIMSEC is an internationally accredited Examinations Board responsible for educational assessment at primary and secondary school level in Zimbabwe).
POST(S) VACANCIES SUBJECT MANAGER - MATHEMATICS & COMPUTER SCIENCE 1 PERSONAL ASSISTANT TO ASSISTANT DIRECTOR HUMAN RESOURCES AND ASSISTANT DIRECTOR TEST DESIGN EDUCATIONAL ASSESSMENT AND MEASUREMENT 1 INTERNAL AUDITOR 1
Reporting to the Assistant Director Test Design Educational Assessment And Measurement, the purpose of the job is to develop and produce valid error free question papers and provide fair assessment of candidates' performance.
Key Performance Areas
- Provide guidance and advice to item writers on item writing
- Ensure adherence to test blue prints and specifications at item generation
- Supervise and manage the moderation and modification
- Compile valid and reliable testing instruments
- Proof read the constructed testing instruments
- Supervise vetting and proofreading
- Strict adherence to question Paper development and security procedures
- Construct marking team structures
- Supervise National coordination meetings
- Appoint mark capturers and verifiers and activate them during marking
- Monitor marking for adherence to set standards and quality control
- Prepare grading tool kits and manage the awarding of grades to candidates
- Identify examiner training needs and submit to Human Resources
- Select potential trainees and trainers
- Supervise training and assessment of trainee examiners
- Generate examination circulars
- Participate in the development of syllabuses
- Attend to queries relating to subjects being managed
- Participate in research and engage in intellectual discourse
- Organise and secure resources required for subject management
- Diploma in Education/Post Graduate Diploma in Education
- Degree in Computers/Mathematics
- Master of Education Degree
- At least five years' experience teaching Computers/ Mathematics up to A Level
Required Competancies Attributes
- Good analytical skills and solution-focused person
- Ability to work well in a team
- Emotionally intelligent
- A proven and traceable success record.
- Experience in working with private and sensitive information.
- Strong computer skills and ability to use necessary data basea scftware such as SPSS, STATA, Conquest, Access, ,S Excel.
- Excelent multi-tasking skills and task management
- Values Quality of efficiency
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons should submit their applicationS and Curriculum Vitae with contact telephone numbers and names of at least three (3) contactable referees. Applications are to be submitted online on the goggle application form accessible on the ZIMSEC website metairammxty C date' for applications is 31 March 2022.
Aplications should be addressed to:
Assistant Director, Human Resources
Zimbabwe School Examinations Council (ZIMSEC)
Head Office Examination Centre
Upper East Road, Mount Pleasant
P. O. BOX CY1464, Causeway
NB. ZIMSEC recruitment policy does not require any prospective job seekers to make payment to the Counci of its employees as a way of securing employment,