The Zimbabwe Open University (ZOU) is the largest and comprehensive Open & Distance Electronic-Learning (ODeL) university in Zimbabwe that offers lifelong learning in an affordable and flexible manner.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced professionals to fill the vacant post(s) that have arisen within the University.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring that the University is optimally staffed.
- Managing the recruitment and selection processes.
- Managing different employee contracts.
- Maintaining up to date staff statistics.
- Servicing University Committees pertaining to human resources function.
- Managing Change Management and Organizational Development.
- Managing Departmental Budget.
- Employee Welfare and Counselling.
- Managing Salaries and Benefits of employees and
- Any other duties as assigned by the Deputy Registrar, Human Resources.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Sociology or Psychology.
- A Diploma in Human Resources Management/Personnel Management/Industrial Relations/Training Management from institutions such as the Institute of People Management of Zimbabwe (IPMZ) or Higher Examination Council (HEXCO) is a pre-requisite.
- Possession of a Master’s Degree in Business or any of the above areas will be an added advantage.
- Membership of a relevant professional board is a pre-requisite.
- Experience in using Belina Payroll Administration is an added advantage and
- At least 3 years’ post qualification relevant working experience.
- Good leadership skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Good negotiation skills.
How to Apply
To Apply please visit the Zimbabwe Open University website: www.zou.ac.zw under Vacancies or firstname.lastname@example.org and register to be able to apply online.
Deadline: 28 January 2023