Applications from suitably qualified members are invited to fill the above-mentioned post.
Reports to the Deputy Associate Director; Support Services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Development of systems and models for management of facilities and events.
- Development of guidelines on the maintenance and use of University facilities.
- Management of the University facilities and events.
- Supervise staff and external contractors.
- Developing a business model for hiring out of University facilities.
- Coordination and management of all operations associated with University events.
- Liaison with service providers and other University departments in the management of University events.
- Development of plans, budgets and reports for the section.
- Provision of consumables/resources for events.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Higher National Diploma or a degree in Public Relations/Marketing/ Facility/Hospitality Management or related field.
- At least five (5) years post-qualification relevant experience at Senior Management level.
- A relevant Masters’ degree in the area would be an added advantage.
- Proficiency in computer skills.
- Good coordination skills.
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Can stay calm under pressure and still make good decisions.
- Pays attention to detail.
- A multitasker.
- A critical thinker.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit six (6) copies of applications, including a curriculum vitae, giving full personal particulars which should include full names, place and date of birth; certified copies of national identification, birth certificate, proof of qualifications, employment and experience, current salary, date of availability, telephone number and names and addresses of three (3) referees. Applications should be addressed to:
The Deputy Registrar
Department of Human Resources
University of Zimbabwe
P O Box MP167
Or hand delivered to University of Zimbabwe, Administration Block Room 113.
Deadline: 09 December 2022.