Applications from suitably qualified members are invited to fill the above-mentioned post. Support Services Department
Reports to the Deputy Associate Director; Support Services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop models and systems for the management of the University environment.
- Provision of a clean and safe internal and external environment.
- Conduct systematic and comprehensive safety inspections of University facilities.
- Management of procurement of consumables and equipment.
- Provision of adequate and appropriate staff uniforms and protective clothing.
- Training and developing staff to offer services meeting modern standards.
- Development of plans, budgets and reports.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Higher National Diploma or a degree in Health/Environmental Science or equivalent.
- At least five (5) years post-qualification relevant experience at Senior Management level.
- A relevant Masters’ degree in the area would be an added advantage.
- Proficiency in computer skills.
- Thorough knowledge of urban planning and development and local government policies and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of specialisation such as housing, zoning, historic preservationod economic development.
- Can stay calm under pressure and still make good decisions.
- Pays attention to detail.
- A multitasker.
- A critical thinker.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit six (6) copies of applications, including a curriculum vitae, giving full personal particulars which should include full names, place and date of birth; certified copies of national identification, birth certificate, proof of qualifications, employment and experience, current salary, date of availability, telephone number and names and addresses of three (3) referees. Applications should be addressed to:
The Deputy Registrar
Department of Human Resources
University of Zimbabwe
P O Box MP167
Or hand delivered to University of Zimbabwe, Administration Block Room 113.
Deadline: 09 December 2022.