Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill in the following positions that have arisen within the Zimbabwe Revenue Authority (ZIMRA) – an equal opportunity employer.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Initiate and co-ordinate studies and research on ASYCUDA World and PRINCE2 within the division
- Identify training needs and capacity building requirements of technical officers within the unit and develop training programmes, meetings and workshops with stakeholders periodically.
- Disseminate information and sensitize stakeholders’ including development of ASYCUDA WORLD manuals.
- Liaise with technical services and ensure that change requests are submitted timeously.
- Authorise User Acceptance Test, change request forms and transport forms
- Check and verify manuals and seat notes, updates user manuals and seat notes and verifies system performance.
- Follow up system challenges to ICT.
- Monitors and evaluates performance of new programs of all business units
- Recommends creation of Country codes, creation of Currency codes creation of Office codes and creation of Tax codes.
- Verifies rates of exchange update before validation
- Monitor upload of new statutory instruments in ASYCUDA World.
- De- activates Declarants after failure to renew Agent’s bond licence or have outstanding obligations with ZIMRA
- Handles complex ASYCUDA WORLD queries from clients/Supervisor and makes appropriate decisions or recommendations daily.
- Checks sectional reports and consolidates section reports periodically.
Qualifications And Experience
Job Skills and Competencies
- Self-starter with ability to work under pressure and beyond stipulated hours.
- Unquestionable integrity.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Good organizational, people and time management skills.
- Team player who is innovative and analytical.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting / Economics / Fiscal Studies / Business Studies / Business Management / Business Administration / Sociology or equivalent OR Full CIS OR Higher National Diploma in Accounting / Business Studies or equivalent.
- An MBA / MSc an added advantage.
- Thorough knowledge of Customs & Excise legislation and procedures.
- At least 4 years’ experience in Customs & Excise and or Taxes working environment in a supervisory grade.
- Knowledge of ASYCUDA World is a prerequisite.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should submit applications, accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae and copies of academic and professional qualifications, by 9 April 2021. All applications should be emailed to ZimraRecruitment@zimra.co.zw clearly indicating the position you are applying for as your E-mail Subject Reference and addressed to:
The Director Human Capital
Zimbabwe Revenue Authority
6th Floor ZB Centre Corner First Street / Kwame Nkrumah Avenue
P. O. Box 4360
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be responded to