Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced Zimbabwean citizens to fill the mentioned vacant position.
Manager, CIRT and Enforcement:
The position exists to assist the Head CIRT & Enforcement to oversee and provide direction in the management and enforcement of data protection in line with the provisions of the Cyber and Data Protection Act. The position reports to the Head CIRT and Enforcement.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Assists in overseeing and providing direction in the management and enforcement of data protection including data collection, data entry, etc.
- Assists in preparing and managing the department's budget, on all data protection needs.
- Assists In the registration and licensing of the of data controllers and data processors as well as Certification of all data controllers and data processors
- Engages in database/records management Including a register of data controllers and data processors.
- Receives complaints by any persons on possible infringement of the rights under the Cyber and Data Protection Act.
- Assists in conducting investigations on the basis of a complaint made by a data subject or third parties as provided for by the CDPA Act.
- Assist in developing, implementing, and reviewing data protection policies, strategies, and guidelines on handling complaints and investigations.
- Coordinates the development of data protection registration and certification standards and data protection seals and marks.
- Ensures effective implementation and maintenance of processes, procedures and guidelines to improve and increase the effectiveness of the operations of OPT.
- Carry out inspections of all public and private entities on processing of personal data in the country. Ensures periodic audits of the processes and systems of the data controllers and data processors to ensure compliance.
- Assists in conducting risk assessments and security analysis on the reported incidents on data protection
- Enforces compliance with the Cyber and Data Protection Act in relation to transfer of personal data outside the country.
Qualifications And Experience
- Degree in Computer Science/IT or equivalent
- MBA an added advantage
- Certification as a Data Protection Officer an added advantage
- Knowledge of security and investigations a must
- At least 5 years' experience at supervisory level.
- A Clean Class Four Driver's Licence a must.
Characteristics And Skills
- Self-motivated and self-starter with excellent skills
- Thorough knowledge of CDPA Act
- Unquestionable integrity
- Team player.
How To Apply
All applications should be submitted to the Director General, 1008 Performance Close, Mt Pleasant Business Park, Harare or P.O. Box MP 843. Mt Pleasant, Harare in an Envelope clearly marked and STATING THE POSITION BEING APPLIED FOR.